British Standard! Paid for with your council tax!

GTW

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yawn... ARnt most of them maples? Couldnt quite see from pictures. They'll grow back I admit its not the point but what can you do? Tight budgets etc

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If u going to do it ,do it right you got to put your name to it

If u going to do it ,do it right you got to put your name to it

If that’s what the client asked for (who are we to assume it isn’t), I would have no problem putting my name to it.

Municipalities are laying off hand over fist and if all they can afford is "fast and nasty" that’s what they will get.

Waaaay too much evangelical judgement with little knowledge of the facts, as others have said, it will grow back.

If that’s what the client asked for (who are we to assume it isn’t), I would have no problem putting my name to it.

Municipalities are laying off hand over fist and if all they can afford is "fast and nasty" that’s what they will get.

Waaaay too much evangelical judgement with little knowledge of the facts, as others have said, it will grow back.

I know if a customer wants it they get it but at the same time they ring u because your one in the know and it doesn't take any long to make them look good

You're right. Most of them will grow back. Some of them won't and some of the sections within some of the trees won't.

Apart from not conforming to any recognised standard, these works will have an effect on the long term viability of the trees and will have future management implications for re-pruning and/or removal.

If a council tree officer recommended, sanctioned or paid for this type of work they ought to be ashamed. Many of the trees look as if a good lift and a light reduction to over extended side growth would have done.

It's certainly not standard work around here and hasn't been for a number of years. Any of the contractors on the council framework who carried out works like this would not work for the council again.

You're right. Most of them will grow back. Some of them won't and some of the sections within some of the trees won't.

Apart from not conforming to any recognised standard, these works will have an effect on the long term viability of the trees and will have future management implications for re-pruning and/or removal.

If a council tree officer recommended, sanctioned or paid for this type of work they ought to be ashamed. Many of the trees look as if a good lift and a light reduction to over extended side growth would have done.

It's certainly not standard work around here and hasn't been for a number of years. Any of the contractors on the council framework who carried out works like this would not work for the council again.

That sounds right to me

Well clearly its not best practice but is speaks volumes to the adaptability of trees that they can tolerate this kind of thing.

As far as involving the tree officer goes, I wouldn’t even go there. Like I said we know nothing of the circumstance.

Lots of trees are mutilated on the say so of a councillor looking for a vote or three and the tree officer just has to wave a white flag and move on.