Dry logs for sale around Leeds?

Scottie

I do work with trees Johny and I have logs that I could burn which are about 25%mc. I thought that if I bought in a load of 'seasoned' logs I could afford to allow the ones I have to dry out some more and they would be dry for next winter. So why should I pay for logs which had a higher mc than the ones I already have. Call me fussy if you like.

I refused a pick up load that looked to me that they had just been split as they were going in to the back of the truck.

I have also put a thread up about condensation in my chimney so you might understand why I am looking for dry firewood.

who supplied them Scottie? Im in garforth but have taken the last 4 cube of seasoned out, all my stuff is 4 next year now. Theres loads of people round me selling "split logs" that are wet.you did right to say no.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

who supplied them Scottie? Im in garforth but have taken the last 4 cube of seasoned out, all my stuff is 4 next year now. Theres loads of people round me selling "split logs" that are wet.you did right to say no.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

you are right ian i`m in same area as you (i was on same stump grinder course as you at askham bryan a couple of years ago!!!)

everywhere you go round here theres a sign offering split logs!!

there all green! & most are selling them in m3 builders bags!!! you know the ones which hold half a meter!!!!!:001_rolleyes:

i`v sold logs from being 16 & have always sold them by word of mouth!!

they must be good as my customers keep coming back! & every year i get more customers!!

and the new customers all tell me that they have been sold green logs by somebody else who is local!!!