Firewood Processor Suppliers / Dealers

farmer_ben

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What machine do you run Steve?

We used to run a hakki pilki 2x . Run it for about 6 years and served us well.

M Large were good people to deal with and always helpful with advice. If I was buying another processor on a budget new or second hand I would go for a 1x37 it has a bit more capacity which you need as the cord seems to be getting bigger. We have stopped processing logs as too many people local are doing it also our kit was getting old. Our kindling was busy and all kit on that side is new.

We used to run a hakki pilki 2x . Run it for about 6 years and served us well.

M Large were good people to deal with and always helpful with advice. If I was buying another processor on a budget new or second hand I would go for a 1x37 it has a bit more capacity which you need as the cord seems to be getting bigger. We have stopped processing logs as too many people local are doing it also our kit was getting old. Our kindling was busy and all kit on that side is new.

So you would suggest the 1x37 then Steve? It looks like a very suitable machine for my needs. What would be the equivalent machine from other brands?

So you would suggest the 1x37 then Steve? It looks like a very suitable machine for my needs. What would be the equivalent machine from other brands?

Would be a good machine for you. Maybe even a 1x42 seen some of them for sale used. Posch and Palax probably better made but alot more money. A Dalen would be on my short list as its good at large twisted timber and well made all hyd machine and not stupid money. Any machine you buy will be happiest processing 2" below its max cap imo. Really big machines are great for big cord but tend to make a mess of 8" cordwood and smash it to pieces. May be worth talking to Theocus from his picks he has his dalen well set up.

The 1x37 is a good machine if you're doing small wood because it's a manual, it will also make 20+ inch firewood if I remember correctly, the only small problem is the belts wear out and there's 4 of them to change about every 100-200 tons. Our machine did about 1000-1200 tons before the cost of repairs got too much and we changed it.

If you look at second hand 1x42s check if they are belt or hydraulic driven, the original ones were still belt driven so aren't as good (in my opinion).

Thanks for the input chaps, im going to see about get a few demo's lined up I think. Definately interested in the E37. Like most things I buy, price is going to be big factor in final decision!

Good way of looking at it. I think you are better with a machine that pays for it self in two years rather than a top of the range that takes twenty.

Thanks for the input chaps, im going to see about get a few demo's lined up I think. Definitely interested in the E37. Like most things I buy, price is going to be big factor in final decision!

Good to hear you're keen on the 1X37 Farmer Ben. Email or call us from our contact details and I'll arrange some demos somewhere you don't have to travel too far. If you like it after that, call back and we'll see what you want to do next.

Happy to help if we can.

Mlarge