Firewood Processor Suppliers / Dealers

farmer_ben

Palax are good machines, speak to Jim at Caledonian Foresty Services.

Or you could save a load of money and hire in a guy who advertises on ebay that he can process 4 - 5 ton per hour through a Japa 305BE. I would quite happily pay him double to come to Newcastle if he thinks he can process an artic load of timber in a day through such a machine!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try either the Dalen 2052 or the 2054, i have the 2052 and its awesome. No belts to muck about with, no funny loading systems, just strong construction, powerful hydraulics and can take 20" pieces of wood. If your in gloucestershire and want to try our then feel free! Try Marshall engineering

Your processor looks smart mate, what sort of money we talking new?

How much volume will you be putting through it and what is it, ie Arb waste or forestry thinning 's and what sort of budget did you have in mind. Some machines don't handle arb waste at all well.

Nice little starter processor is the JAPA 700, people here put up to 500 cube a year through them.

Just make sure whatever you buy then get a rack or log lifter to feed it and make sure you have timber handling facilities available, ie some sort of log grab, you can get away with a set of fork lift forks but they do slow the job down as the longer pieces always seem to slide off one end or the other.

Members here sometimes sell processors in the classifieds here.

A

Do people really put 500 tonnes a year through a manual in feed machine with small tct blade. There must come a point where you are better spending an extra 2k and getting a machine with in feed conveyor. I would have thought 200 tonnes is enough

Do people really put 500 tonnes a year through a manual in feed machine with small tct blade. There must come a point where you are better spending an extra 2k and getting a machine with in feed conveyor. I would have thought 200 tonnes is enough

Agreed, I plan to put about 100 tonnes through mine this year, next year a bigger machine with hyd in feed and hyd deck.

There was a post here a while ago from someone who said he was putting 700 tonnes per year through a 700, thats a lot of work and time.

A

Hay, Firewoodman, It's a shame there not selling Flat Holm, I would have loved to have bought it, instead I'm looking north!!! As for the timber, I think any third party who takes on the management of Flat Holm will still want to heat there fire! Rather than give the wood away we now have the opportunity to sell it to them. We have now processed over 100cubic metres of usable timber! There's so much timber on the slipway we may have to look for a seasonal processor operator! Interested send me your CV. Hope all is well.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I don't think they'll sell off Flatholm, there's huge pressure not too however when the local council have a £22m hole to plug you can see why! As you said though, I think they run on BIOMAS over there and stoves so will always need some kind of woodfuel timber that it's habitable.... this is where CHA fits right in!

Yup, they get a serious amount of timber down there! Andy sorts me out regularly for my personal supply, shame they can't make it commercial! In December they had a HUGE mountain of timber, did you process that and how many CM do you think it worked out at?

Presumably you're dealing with Andy and maybe Annie down there? Both top people! :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Agreed, I plan to put about 100 tonnes through mine this year, next year a bigger machine with hyd in feed and hyd deck.

There was a post here a while ago from someone who said he was putting 700 tonnes per year through a 700, thats a lot of work and time.

A

Hats off to them. They must do best part of an arctic a week over 35 weeks.I think alot of people have more energy than me especially now I am in my mid forties. Only about a 3rd of the cord we got would go through that machine.

I have a Haki Pilliki 1x37 and its great. M large are the dealer. I have had it for 2 years and I'm really happy with it.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

Glad you're happy with the Hakki Pilke 1x37 and thanks for the feedback.

Mlarge