First Impressions of the 150T

Dan Curtis

Just a thought but would it not be a lot less likely to do any damage to the loop if you choked a bungee strop directly to it. That carabiner has got to put so much more stress on the loop than a soft link... I can think the only time I had a saw strop loop fail was on an ms200 with a carabiner directly linked.. I did for a while after put a small length of double 8mm cord through the loop for a direct connector but still think the bungee strops with rings are just as easy to use.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's too bad with the elastic as well. A friend has his backed up and has a bungee strop on it and it keeps on pulling out, mines been fine. I also find that not being that tall, by the time the ring on a bungee's clipped up, the saws banging round my knees instead of being on the hip 😀

Since I've got my saw back after it was found not to have any oiling fault it does seem to be oiling better. I was told that if it keeps plating up they'll have to send it to stihl and if they can't find a problem it'll cost me £40 and hour for their time! With that in mind I priced up a new oiler myself and it's only £19+VAT, if it does play up I'll just fit my own!

The reason I was waiting to drill the exhaust was the oiler trouble, so yesterday I thought sod it and banged a 7mm hole (didn't have an 8mm) in the advised place. WOW, what a difference, it's like a totally different saw! It starts better, runs loads better and the added bonus is that it really does seem to be kicking loads of oil out now! I wonder if the faster chain speed and the fact the chips are flying out now has improved it? Will see how it is on my next job but just cutting logs in the garden it seems sound 😃