First Impressions of the 150T

Dan Curtis

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After using mine on Thursday I placed it down to chip up only to find when I picked it up there was a puddle of melted plastic underneath :thumbdown: here we go I though, been heaping praise on the little ripper and she's going into melt down. I pulled at the now solidified mess to find it was a lump of spearmint chewing gum:what:

Lovely bit of heart ache. How did you know it was spearmint?!?

• 2 weeks later...
hi iam also hearing nothing but good things about the ms 150 t HOWEVER i am aware of the clip on a lot of them giving in dose anyone know if this problem has been rectified yet ?

Where did this 'a lot of them' come from? I have seen one or maybe two. Mines been fine. Don't drop it after cutting with and clip it up. Not exactly difficult

I stripped mine down yesterday and found that not all the husky low smoke is burning and a sticky residue was starting to build up on the exhaust.

I recon as with the 017 &018s making sure the exhaust is clean will be a good starting point if the 150s start to play as we all rack up the hours.

Could that be an issue of over richness? Causing unburnt fuel/oil to end up in the exhaust?

Where did this 'a lot of them' come from? I have seen one or maybe two. Mines been fine. Don't drop it after cutting with and clip it up. Not exactly difficult

You dont have to drop it for the clip to come out it only took a snag for mine to pop out plus if a cut goes wrong and you need to throw your saw it should be strong enough end of. This is tree work not college stuff.

A week or so ago i took the plunge and went out and purchased a 150, must say, im very impressed with it, as others have said before, perfect for small prunes and re pollarding 4-5 year growth.

Its lovely and light, dont really notice it on me, easy to start....love it..

Also, dont know if its just me... But when clicking on a chainbreak on a 200, it feels like some power is held in the saw even when your fingers off trigger, but with the 150, it feels like the power is released elsewhere as if to not put stress on the saw, hard to explain what i mean, but its clear in my head.... Lol sounds and feels like the excess power is allowed to release gently...whereas the 200 is stopped abruptly...

Overall.... Love it :thumbup: