Going to bite the bullet..

Rebel_Commando

Henderson, its not about being an Eco green hippy, it's about personal health-the exhaust from aspen isn't hazardous to health unlike normal 2stroke mix, it prolongs the saws life, doesn't make you gag when cutting stumps in confined spaces like sides of rocks, houses ect, I don't stink of fumes after a days milling, my work clothes can be in the house and the misses doesn't complain! Some people suffer headaches after prolonged use of petrol mix with hedge cutters for example, not with aspen. It doesn't damage your skin if you spill some on your hand

Some of us wear £200 helmets, £300 trousers £250 boots on the highly unlikely chance of an accident, but guaranteed exposure to harmfull exhaust gasses every single time we start a saw and suddenly a few quid is too expensive :rolleyes:

Well put:thumbup:

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said josh!

Henderson, its not about being an Eco green hippy, it's about personal health-the exhaust from aspen isn't hazardous to health unlike normal 2stroke mix, it prolongs the saws life, doesn't make you gag when cutting stumps in confined spaces like sides of rocks, houses ect, I don't stink of fumes after a days milling, my work clothes can be in the house and the misses doesn't complain! Some people suffer headaches after prolonged use of petrol mix with hedge cutters for example, not with aspen. It doesn't damage your skin if you spill some on your hand

Some of us wear £200 helmets, £300 trousers £250 boots on the highly unlikely chance of an accident, but guaranteed exposure to harmfull exhaust gasses every single time we start a saw and suddenly a few quid is too expensive :rolleyes:

We ran Aspen in our 3 MS200t's about 5 years ago when my boss was looking to be an Aspen rep and the saws didn't like it at all. We ended up reverting back to regular 2-stroke after a very short period of time. I am not technically minded so can't explain why but I do know that they didn't go together. Of course, Aspen may have changed slightly since then.....

I was speaking to the person advertising Aspen at the APF a couple of years back about this problem with theMS200s and he said it was a recognised problem?

Hi, A chainsaw that has run for a long time on pump petrol may need the diaphragm in the carb changing as ethanol and solvents soak into it and then the Aspen can wash them out causing the diaphragm to go hard or stiff. The Stihl 200T / 201T have a piston in the carb with an o ring on it this also may need replacement. If you run a 2stroke from day one on Aspen it will be fine and in most cases changing from pump to Aspen is fine.

Carb adjustment.

Aspen may case a slower idle speed so screw in the throttle stop to get to factory idle speed.

Aspen is different to pump fuel so the low speed jet may need unscrewing to let more fuel in and keep the throttle response as snappy.

Please ask me any questions on here or email [email protected]

Edited by Eddie@aspen

• 5 months later...
About time Eddie, south wales needs aspen I gave up trying to get them interested:sneaky2: they make more money out of repairs

Sure, their repair work may suffer a little, but only from those people who don't understand petrol/oil mix, or manage it poorly.

Repairs to machines damaged by the above factors seldom make the dealer decent money as the customers want to blame everyone but themselves, so the dealer is often better off without this sort of work.

The dealers footfall through his door will increase dramatically when he stocks Aspen and the Aspen user will still have his kit serviced, as it still goes blunt, bars still wear and clutch springs still break. Air filters still need cleaning and chain brakes still need attention. But the engine and fuel system will stay in good order so the servicing will be much quicker but he can still charge the same.