Best nail gun ever.

Old Mill Tree Care

Maybe you guys can tell me because it's turning into a minefield for me.

I've done a search but am no better informed.

I want it primarily for Featheredge fencing and I don't do masses of fencing but it is increasing every month.

So what are your opinions? I'd just like to know:

1. What you use.

2. Why

Thanks.

1. Hilti , ithink that was its name, with a 22 load.

2. Because it was given to me Free.

3. It was great for fixing 3x2 to steel until the day I nearly shot my wife with a nail through the head.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use a hitachi nr 90 same as a a paslode ,great bit of kit, my closeboard fencing comes in fits and starts so it suits me fine, fairly light,easy to service, takes non brand nails and gas, 2 batteries as standard, only problem ive had is with cold gas, but as others have said keep one warm and swap when they stop working, easier to load nails than a paslode too, maybe you could get a demo of a paslode to see what you think, i use mine in all aspects for closeboard, 90 mm nails for rails and cleats,63mm for gravel boards,and 50mm fot the feather edge

I have a Dakota air powered framing nailer and wish I had bought a Paslode or similar. I was talked into it as I was told the Paslodes would stick in cold weather but it is pain in the ar$. The amount of times I wan't to do a quick job but by the time you have got everything sorted it's quicker to just go old school and use a hammer and nails. The nails were no cheaper than the Paslodes even though there is no gas canister. My small compressor can't keep up when going for it so end up waiting for it to reach pressure. There are other gas powered ones other than the Paslode, I saw one in the Axminster catalog for something like £200. Sorry to muddy the waters more but just my experiences.

Nice tool belt nice hammer. Works in all weathers never has a flat battery and the nails are cheap :biggrin:

I built our complete wooden framed house (apart from the floor frame that was done old school with 6" nails & a good hammer) with a 50-90mm air nailer for the framing & a 10-60mm brad gun both from silverline dirt cheap of ebay. 50L 2hp compressor kept up with the framing nailer at full speed. Both are still going strong.

1. Hilti , ithink that was its name, with a 22 load.

2. Because it was given to me Free.

3. It was great for fixing 3x2 to steel until the day I nearly shot my wife with a nail through the head.

DID U NOT GO FOR ANOTHER SHOT :confused1:

She makes better cuppa than him so im glad he didn't take another shot. Plus it was still funnier when you clouted yourself on the nose with your hammer!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DID U NOT GO FOR ANOTHER SHOT :confused1:

I just missed her as she came through the front door, i just tried to fix a 3x2 to an RSJ AT HEAD HEIGHT , went straight through the wood and the RSJ INTO the wall 8" above her head as she came through the door, she said 'what was that' i said i don't know :biggrin: and hid the gun, never to be used or seen again.

She makes better cuppa than him so im glad he didn't take another shot. Plus it was still funnier when you clouted yourself on the nose with your hammer!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think you hhave witnessed first hand most of my DIY attempts and wasn't it an RSJ that hit me on the nose? when SOMEONE let go of one end mentioning no names :lol: HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY, how drunk did you get and was there any lesbino loovin :001_tt2:

we use air but i believe there are issues with compressors needing a ticket. Ours is under 5L air and the reservoir is in the handle so I think exempt. QUOTE]

How do you find those small compressors, where the air is stored in the frame. Are they powerful enough to run a first fix gun. ( 90mm nails ). Thanks.

We only use it with 50mm now for FE boards and more often than not don't bother on small fence runs- it's just quicker to use hammer up to 4 bays. That's where the battery/gas ones win for me. Pick up and go.

Most panel type fences/ post and rail etc are now screwed.

It used to though with 90mm

I'll see what the make is. Can't remember where we got it. It's 10 years ago.