Stihl ms880

samarb

I wouldn't say the 880 has any bad points, yes its heavy and drinks fuel but in reality it will only come out for the real big stuff, when it comes out as with the 3120 it does the job nicely.

Personally I'm happy with my 575 or 441 with 25" bar and a nice sharp chain. Id rather double cut than be having a big saw lying around the store ..... one more thing for someone to steal.

Some day ill get a 660 but I wouldn't personally need or want anything bigger.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i borrowed a mates and it was a twahat to start...brand new too

evry time i pulled it it nearly tore my hand off it was so hard and stiff (oohh err misses)

have heard something about the pistons/cranks going bacwards on the bigger saws including 3120s, although never had this prob with a 3120 and i am a stihl man

• 2 months later...
Hi i got an 088 great saw, thirsty but great. if your not sure on buying one why dont you hire or ask a local forester/arb if you can borrow one to have a go on, thats what i did.

Let me know how you get on

High highclimber&timberfalers, Went with 660 in the end and never turned back, have 25" and 36" bar and is just enought to haul up a tree.

every man should own an 088 with at least a 36 inch bar, who wouldnt want one, they are awesome. i want a six foot bar so i can say i have a six foot bar:001_smile:

Yes I know what your saying, the pure manly factor alone is worth the extra weight but my 660 is still a real mans play thing plus it's an every day saw.

Yes I know what your saying, the pure manly factor alone is worth the extra weight but my 660 is still a real mans play thing plus it's an every day saw.

i just wish i had the strength to throw an 088 about, topped a big privette once with it, lets just say the 6 feet height soon became about 4 feet:scared1::blushing:

i just wish i had the strength to throw an 088 about, topped a big privette once with it, lets just say the 6 feet height soon became about 4 feet:scared1::blushing:

True, you know when your hard when you can throw an 880 like it's a 200t

every man should own an 088 with at least a 36 inch bar, who wouldnt want one, they are awesome. i want a six foot bar so i can say i have a six foot bar:001_smile:

So what does a scotsman keep under his kilt........:scared1:Everyone should have a 088- like stevie says with at least a 36" bar, preferably 48". (or a 60" canon bar:sneaky2:):001_smile: