Paslode IM350.

Old Mill Tree Care

i bought a paslode IM350 9 years ago, from TP for £300, ex display. it payed for itself in the first job. i bought it for framing houses. its fired tens of thousands of nails, and been serviced only three times, the last one i did, not complicated, it just hasnt needed more servicing. still running on the original 2 batteries. always worked ok whatever the temperature. may well have bought a different make, but at the time there wasn't much choice, and didnt want to be dragging a hose around on a roof or have to run a compressor. cant fault it thou, can really stick in those 90mm framing nails, i have only ever used paslode nails (compatibility issues) its always been horribly reliable, maybe i was lucky, but think its just a v.good bit of kit, even the carry case is well designed and robust.

Damn it. Just when I was swaying towards the De Walt........:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry OMTC, i shouldnt have said anything. when i could write tool purchases off against tax (self employed) it didnt really matter what tool you bought provided you could afford it and justify having it, and i tried to buy what i thought at the time was the best or most useful tool for the job. any of the top name brands make really decent tools that generally last years, dewalt, makita, hitachi, etc etc. let alone brands like festool or mafell, which are in a whole other price range. what i like about paslode is that's all they make, which generally meant they are thinking about their product in a different way. its a horses courses thing, makita routers are great and work horses but trend are slightly better, and i'm guessing because thats all they make. now i'm in the world of ebay tools only, where its more horsemeat in your burger at the dog races.

I think its all about what you get used to as well, as u say top brands make good tools, I don't like trend or makita routers and would choose dewalt anyday, but then I've had one for years. I love my new Hitachi nailer and expect that if I picked up a paslode again in a years time id prefer what I'm used to. Price tag was the decider for me there. Still consider paslode over priced. Having said that the dewalt looks an awesome piece of kit. Just too deer for me right now. Incidentally what fires the nail if it ain't gas or compressed air.

Thx James

• 2 months later...

Morning guys,

In have just found this online and was contemplating purchasing a Paslode IM350+ (the new one) and was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this tool?

Increase Efficiency with a Paslode Nailer

With Paslode making a foray into the market with their trademark gas-fired nail guns, today they have ruled supreme on construction sites with the amazing power tools. Now, they have carried the idea forward with the Paslode nailer. It is a framing nail gun with all the common advantages of the previous models such as easy setup arrangements, continuous nail delivery and user friendly design which helps all framing projects as well as minor weekend tasks. In comparison to the other brands, Paslode answers the demand of customers with their sensible innovations on the nail gun which is already a stunning performer.

The Paslode pin gun is more comfortable to use with the slip resistant rubber hand grip. This reduces hand fatigue even for all those day framing jobs which is a major advantage. An intelligent streamlined model helps accommodate the gun on joists, roof trusses and center studs. Another benefit is the recovery time in between the charges. It gives you the chance of having more nails in the timber. Although not as high speed as the air driven guns, the gun can deliver many nails within a short while, offering increased productivity at work and a bigger firing rate whenever required.

You can easily drive your nails in hardwood along with a better overall performance. You can take out the battery easily and recharge it with this high performance gun. The nose point can be adjusted in several angles which is another unique feature of the Paslode. Moreover, the spikes are amazingly gripped in the wood. Among the other benefits is the less amount of pressure that is required for application to the device when used. The gun is also suitable for use in awkward positions. The drive setting is an amazing feature as Allen keys and wrenches are not required for customizing the height of the nails.

The heavy duty rafter hook has been designed so that it can be placed on the rater other than merely hanging off the step ladder or tool belt, the Paslode increases the efficiency of your work. You can save time by eliminating chores like pulling apart hoses and compressors and organizing them. It also saves labor costs. The nail gun is ideal for all lumber sizes and variations of framing and can be used for structural purposes as well. The battery charger that is provided with the gun requires a couple of hours for complete charging.

Resource Box: The Paslode nailer is your best bet for increasing your work output. The Paslode pin gun helps reduce downtime.

I think its all about what you get used to as well, as u say top brands make good tools, I don't like trend or makita routers and would choose dewalt anyday, but then I've had one for years. I love my new Hitachi nailer and expect that if I picked up a paslode again in a years time id prefer what I'm used to. Price tag was the decider for me there. Still consider paslode over priced. Having said that the dewalt looks an awesome piece of kit. Just too deer for me right now. Incidentally what fires the nail if it ain't gas or compressed air.

Thx James

the 2000w trend router is a 2000w dewalt same tool

have been on a few kit houses where the paslode is king full stop. all joiners i know have them, i have a hitachi 90gc1 i find its slow and under powered and one of the batterys melted into the charger, its never used.

i have three senco 501cl nail guns. these have double capacity mags and can take 40g and 80g gas. puts 90mm nails in all day always beating hitachi.

senco guns cost around 480 but i bought my first three years now for £25 as new at auction. second was £150 ex display and last one was £50 returned by customer??? all guns came with two batterys and in immaculate condition (paint still on the tip) look out for guns going cheap i dont need the last one but who could say no?

• 3 weeks later...

My im350+ was £450 a year ago so maybe more expensive now , it came with

. 2 gases

. 2 batteries

. Gun itself

. Charger

. Goggles

From screwfix , they. Also do a new type of canister that works below minus temperatures , if not I carry one in my pocket or leave in the van by the heater or on the dash :) , hope this helps