Paslode IM350.

Old Mill Tree Care

Definately agree on the gas, I won't be using mine all the time although I do have a massive framing job coming up starting Wednesday. Will be firing most days for 2 months. Stocked up on 90s, 51s and 63s and so ended up with 8 gas, all expires 12/13. But then quickload gas is only 4 each, so will have to waste a lot of it before I've recovered the £300 extra for the dewalt. I paticularly like the lack of gas on an environmental level though. Quickload also say there gas operates to -5 and daytime temp here in rarely less than that. Time will tell though.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Edited by muttley9050

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fence is a favour for me parents, not getting paid, so deemed it a good opportunity to try cheap nails, as ill be able to monitor any staining. Gone for quickload galvanised ringed 51 and 90. I'll let you know how they fire and will update staining in a month or two.:)

nice one, most fences i do instantly get painted so staining should not be an issue for me.

Definately agree on the gas, I won't be using mine all the time although I do have a massive framing job coming up starting Wednesday. Will be firing most days for 2 months. Stocked up on 90s, 51s and 63s and so ended up with 8 gas, all expires 12/13. But then quickload gas is only 4 each, so will have to waste a lot of it before I've recovered the £300 extra for the dewalt. I paticularly like the lack of gas on an environmental level though. Quickload also say there gas operates to -5 and daytime temp here in rarely less than that. Time will tell though.

Yep I was just doing the sums today whilst up a tree and that does make the De Walt expensive, unless you're actually using it a lot.

I like the idea but it won't be the best choice financially.

Yep I was just doing the sums today whilst up a tree and that does make the De Walt expensive, unless you're actually using it a lot.

I like the idea but it won't be the best choice financially.

remember no servicing costs and can use in the freezing cold. :thumbup:

I use the hitachi when I am out on site installing my horse stables and post and rail then hae two dewalt compressed air guns for when I am in the barn fabricating them. The good thing about the hitachi is that it fires a full round head nail rather than a d head nail like other models. And I only have to buy one style of nails as the two compressed air dewalt guns fire the same round head nails. I recommend hitachi just for practicality of the nail situation.

I use the hitachi when I am out on site installing my horse stables and post and rail then hae two dewalt compressed air guns for when I am in the barn fabricating them. The good thing about the hitachi is that it fires a full round head nail rather than a d head nail like other models. And I only have to buy one style of nails as the two compressed air dewalt guns fire the same round head nails. I recommend hitachi just for practicality of the nail situation.

the dewalt also takes off centre round head paper tape collated nails :thumbup1:

i bought a paslode IM350 9 years ago, from TP for £300, ex display. it payed for itself in the first job. i bought it for framing houses. its fired tens of thousands of nails, and been serviced only three times, the last one i did, not complicated, it just hasnt needed more servicing. still running on the original 2 batteries. always worked ok whatever the temperature. may well have bought a different make, but at the time there wasn't much choice, and didnt want to be dragging a hose around on a roof or have to run a compressor. cant fault it thou, can really stick in those 90mm framing nails, i have only ever used paslode nails (compatibility issues) its always been horribly reliable, maybe i was lucky, but think its just a v.good bit of kit, even the carry case is well designed and robust.