Paslode IM350.

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not a great price but is ok, can always get them for about that. Im buying a nailer for the next job im starting. Stable conversion with loads of framing. Im buying one of these

QUIKLOAD QL90 GAS STRIP NAILER £250 SIMILAR TO PASLODE NAILER | eBay

Guy i used to workwith had one, and there identical to paslode but half price. Did a massive floor with this and a paslode on site and it performed as well, feels as solid,

he rates it, hes had for couple of years and still going strong. Gets my vote.. Interesting to hear if anybody else has experience of them?

Im350 is ideal for feather edge too

James

Cracking machines, I bought mine off ebay for less than £300 in it's case (older case, rounded edges) with one battery. A new second battery was ~£35. Pays for itself everytime it goes out in time saved however paslode nails are more expensive than bog standard hammer in nails.

If it looks mint then the price although high isn't silly.

I disagree Kev , 2mins research and ivefound two new with warranty for 475 and 480.

I assumed the op meant hed found a new one in shop,but maybe it was secondhand?

Paslode are too expensive and id seriously consider the quikload in the link above. I wouldnt be surprised if they came from same factory!

Which bit are you disagreeing with?

The price he quoted is lower than the 2 you have given

He states 2 batteries, as standard they only come with 1

I said it was high but not rediculous if mint

?????????

Paslode are top of the pile when it comes to nail guns, do you buy copy Stihl chainsaws as well??? My paslode did 20,000 nails last year needing nothing more than a squirt of oil each outing. A battery lasts about 1500 nails, last week I did just over 1000 nails in a fence with not one misfire. I need to rely on my kit so buy the best, I would rather buy a second hand paslode than a new copy.

Which bit are you disagreeing with?

The price he quoted is lower than the 2 you have given

He states 2 batteries, as standard they only come with 1

I said it was high but not rediculous if mint

?????????

Paslode are top of the pile when it comes to nail guns, do you buy copy Stihl chainsaws as well??? My paslode did 20,000 nails last year needing nothing more than a squirt of oil each outing. A battery lasts about 1500 nails, last week I did just over 1000 nails in a fence with not one misfire. I need to rely on my kit so buy the best, I would rather buy a second hand paslode than a new copy.

I was disagreeing with the price not being silly, only £5 cheaper than a brand new one, also with 2 batteries. Seems silly to me. The question of copy tools or top brand is another matter, copies dont have to be any worse, although they maybe alot worse. This paticular gun i recommended has proven to be fault free for the two years my friend has owned it. Maybe it wont last as long as a paslode maybe it will. Look at the nails and gas the same company sells, the same grade nails as paslode, same grade steel, hot dipped in same substance, but at a much lower price. Maybe you believe that paslode nails are better, but i dont. Please dont get me wrong, I own a large amount of good quality tools mostly dewalt and makita, but im also open to the fact that small outfits can also make quality tools and if proven in the workplace im willing to give them a go. Companies like paslode as a market leader with little mainstream competition are free to charge what they like, and i think at a list price of about £600 its overpriced. Its not as complicated as a chainsaw and i think as i said, when i get one next month ill get the proven copy rather than a possibly mistreated secondhand unit from ebay.

Oh and no i dont buy stihl copy saws, i buy husqy.

James

I have a paslode not been used for two years found that it was unreliable expensive to use didn't like cold weather, bought Stanley bostich air nailer full head faster, far more powerful,much cheaper to use and works underwater. It fires up to 150mm nails and works each time it comes out of the box.