Overloaded

Stihlben

I hafta say some farmers round 'ere are downright lunatics when it comes to trailer loading and two in particular that i know very well are the opposite and appear to do thing right.  

@difflock   your common sense approach sounds aok to me and i try and operate the same way.  A'int Wickla lovely though ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wicklamulla said:

I hafta say some farmers round 'ere are downright lunatics when it comes to trailer loading and two in particular that i know very well are the opposite and appear to do thing right.  

@difflock   your common sense approach sounds aok to me and i try and operate the same way.  A'int Wickla lovely though ?

As in most human populations, farmers will fit the classic "bell curve";

a small %age are effectively "stupid", sub IQ of 84 I believe

the bulk are then sub/plus 100 IQ(15 points each side I believe)

and a small %age got more than their share fair share of smarts.

This is reflected in how they load their vehicles and choose to drive.

Based on my 45 years of wryful observation.

I would say this also applies to most other trades, assuming these trades have sufficiently large populations for such statistical analysis to be applied.

Tough, but true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 22/11/2019 at 08:29, GA Groundcare said:

Think that why I like them, basic but a good reliable trailer. Yes some of the Brian James and other brands are a bit more fancy but I like the fact that running an Ifor there is many trailer centres around the country that if you had an issue when far from base you could swing in and pick up parts to get yourself going.

Always been taught from a young age (certainly not when I did my trailer license) to get your speed down prior to a descent. Always have room to comfortably / safely accelerate if required. I was overtaken down hill on a dual carriageway this week by a builder in a Ford Ranger with a 16ft flat bed loaded right up with timber. They must of been going 75mph + as I was doing 55-60mph. Modern pick ups can give a false sense of trailer safety.

Some good points there. The only trailer I've seen to tempt me away from an ifor was a nugent plant trailer that the owner assured me had been fine for 100 miles behind a disco 4 with a 5 ton digger on!! ???

I can certainly don't remember learning anything of use on my trailer test, other than a handy reminder of basic highway code stuff! Nothing about safe Hill climbs or decesnts.

When I tow heavy stuff with my Puma 110, D3 or D2, I've found that I tend to go slightly quicker up the hills on the motorway than down, as theyve had the power to keep it accelerating, then going slower on the way down to stop building up too much speed. Seems like common sense to me but I often find myself getting overtaken on the downhills..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Wedgebanger said:

Where is that taken ?

What’s that oak weight . 5 or 6t ??'s 

i guess they will need some assistance ??

i wonder if if the cops will have it removed off the road..

Pretty sure that’s Pop, probably just a cunning plan to get shut?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Wedgebanger said:

Where is that taken ?

What’s that oak weight . 5 or 6t ??'s 

i guess they will need some assistance ??

i wonder if if the cops will have it removed off the road..

I would say that's abroad, French rules apply.

On 24/11/2019 at 20:07, william127 said:

I can certainly don't remember learning anything of use on my trailer test, other than a handy reminder of basic highway code stuff! Nothing about safe Hill climbs or decesnts.

How many hours was the course & how much did it cost?