Overloaded

Stihlben

On 14/09/2023 at 19:16, Mark Bolam said:

May have overcooked it today on a seriously compromised cherry takedown, but I had to get back for kids football.

IMG_8466.jpeg

IMG_8465.jpeg

Couple of barn doors on the van would make that load legit 😉

I often wondered how overweight the vans are and made the usual guesstimates... when working out of area a few months back we were running transit with 10x6 tipper trailer loads of wood chip to a nearby green waste centre as it was considerably closer than going back to the yard. Had a weigh bridge on the weigh in ..... transit and trailer rolled in at 9 ton both brimmed with rhododendron chip.. 

Threw that weigh ticket away pretty quick (after a brief thought of framing it). 

Thank god for uprated springs and barn doors to hide my little traffic infringements eh..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lux said:

I often wondered how overweight the vans are and made the usual guesstimates... when working out of area a few months back we were running transit with 10x6 tipper trailer loads of wood chip to a nearby green waste centre as it was considerably closer than going back to the yard. Had a weigh bridge on the weigh in ..... transit and trailer rolled in at 9 ton both brimmed with rhododendron chip.. 

Threw that weigh ticket away pretty quick (after a brief thought of framing it). 

Thank god for uprated springs and barn doors to hide my little traffic infringements eh..

any idea what the trailer weighed full? 

27 minutes ago, huskykev said:
2 hours ago, lux said:

any idea what the trailer weighed full? 

Can’t recall.  The van element was the biggest issue.  With the chip box , tool locker , few tools , driver and fuel it’s only got around 400 kg of payload available legally. 
Brim it up and it’s 5t a lot of the time.  

the trailer is excellent, has 2.7t of payload legally and has nice dampers so tows well at 3.5 ( or maybe more ) ton.  

• 3 months later...
On 25/11/2023 at 23:19, PeteB said:

Once had to clear cordwood off of the side of Breedon quarry at Coalville. We were asked to exit via weighbridge and got told off for having a load of 2.8t. Drove okay back to the yard though.

Had a 02 single cab transit weigh in at 6750kg full of euc rings for my MIL a couple years ago, luckily route home was all uphill! Boss reckoned on 5 tonne so I ran it over local quarrys weighbridge to double check, lads in the office got a good laugh out of me.