Overloaded

Stihlben

7 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Behind a tractor today, piled pretty height and catching on loads of branches, inches away from some by lines at one point. Not strapped down at all. I expect those things weight a bit and weren’t likely to go anywhere. Pretty sure he’d have been stopped though!

0CBD5215-5479-436F-A6D4-CDA3FC34E197.jpeg

94B5D859-795B-4850-9844-D8CB4CEA214B.jpeg

That be right Buh.

On 24/08/2021 at 22:48, daveatdave said:

the trailer illegal as well unless the law has been changed as its classed as 2 trailers ok to pull empty but not loaded 

The front part is an trailer but it carries the weight of the trailer so not illegal.

7 A heavy motor car or a motor car not described in item 1, 3 or 4 2 trailers if one of them is a towing implement and part of the other is secured to and either rests on or is suspended from that implement, 1 trailer in any other case
8 An agricultural motor vehicle (a) in respect of trailers other than agricultural trailers and agricultural trailed appliances, such trailers as are permitted under items 5, 6 or 7 above,as the case may be; or (b) in respect of agricultural trailers and agricultural trailed appliances — (i) 2 unladen agricultural trailers, or (ii)1 agricultural trailer and 1 agricultural trailed appliance, or (iii)2 agricultural trailed appliances

53 minutes ago, Justme said:

The front part is an trailer but it carries the weight of the trailer so not illegal.

7 A heavy motor car or a motor car not described in item 1, 3 or 4 2 trailers if one of them is a towing implement and part of the other is secured to and either rests on or is suspended from that implement, 1 trailer in any other case
8 An agricultural motor vehicle (a) in respect of trailers other than agricultural trailers and agricultural trailed appliances, such trailers as are permitted under items 5, 6 or 7 above,as the case may be; or (b) in respect of agricultural trailers and agricultural trailed appliances — (i) 2 unladen agricultural trailers, or (ii)1 agricultural trailer and 1 agricultural trailed appliance, or (iii)2 agricultural trailed appliances

...but it's regulation 83 of the construction and use act, I believe, that says a semi trailer and a dolly is a composite trailer and classed as one . 18tonne gross through

20 hours ago, openspaceman said:

...but it's regulation 83 of the construction and use act, I believe, that says a semi trailer and a dolly is a composite trailer and classed as one . 18tonne gross through

Which is what my post says... The weight of one is applied to the other.

• 2 months later...