Overloaded

Stihlben

3 minutes ago, Big J said:

Very silly. Could have been done in two trips without risking your driving licence. You're not only risking your licence, but also the safety of other road users with that kind of overloading.

Went all the back roads on the way home to avoid the cops and took the time and drove sensible it was something like 80 mile trip and got that much on needed to do it in the one load 

4 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Went all the back roads on the way home to avoid the cops and took the time and drove sensible it was something like 80 mile trip and got that much on needed to do it in the one load 

We've all done overloaded trips, but posting about it online isn't a great ideal, especially when that overloaded.

2 hours ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

All in all it weighed in just less than 9 ton pulled perfect up 17% in clines and brakes worked well on 20% slopes cost me £40 in diesel the company were asking 300+vat to deliver the blocks only cost £30 per pack and the trailer is 2700 but it pulled well the tyres are old but still hold air well 

No mate it’s not funny. I can’t even begin to describe what kind of a twat you are. Grow the fuck up, get some less pikey gear and stop risking the lives of others to save a few pathetic quid. 

• Like 5

Just now, doobin said:

No mate it’s not funny. I can’t even begin to describe what kind of a twat you are. Grow the fuck up, get some less pikey gear and stop risking the lives of others to save a few pathetic quid. 

Risking lives? The truck went no faster than 30mph on back roads with Amber light and hazards on so avoiding busy highways and what's pikey about that gear? It's a transit tipper and a indespention plant trailer ?

7 hours ago, doobin said:

I have to agree somewhat. A guy near me did something similar, his trailer hitch snapped, and the trailer careered off on it's own narrowly missing a bus stop. 

A local builders merchants would have done free delivery on those, they are bog standard pavers

• Like 1

I’ve been around haulage for most of my life, dad owned a firm when i was a kid and my brother and now his son are HGV drivers inc hazchem etc
i’ve never known it to be ‘cool’ to regularly boast about how overloaded you are. Truck guys pride themselves on loading a truck and getting axle weights etc correct. Arb guys: i’ve got a crew cab tranny and a 2.7t trailer, of course i can get everything on at once and overload my kit...
You can only kill someone once.
a hitch failure, tyre blowout and you won’t stop in time even at 30 with your hazards on (well done on that btw - shouting look at me to every cop)
If you run overloaded a lot it’s time for a bigger truck or take 2!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I have to agree somewhat. A guy near me did something similar, his trailer hitch snapped, and the trailer careered off on it's own narrowly missing a bus stop. 

A local builders merchants would have done free delivery on those, they are bog standard pavers

I pay £30 a pack straight from the factory if I go to Travis Perkins the exact same blocks are £148 + vat per packet