New Meindl boots

Marc

£165 alot of dollar

Not really its actualy good value in my opinion, yes you could get boots at half the price.

Lets face it you will wear your chainsaw boots more than any other boot/shoe you will ever own, and good boots are important.

So price should not be a big issue, those Meindls are top end boots made by one of the best German boot makers around, and as such represent good value.

Unlike Haix which I think are overpriced generally, the leather is inferior and so is build qaulity for price. Even the Eltens I can't stand worst boots ever, the fall apart quickly and are poorly made, comfy though.

I can get 1 year out of my other Meindls on average, and they are like wearing slippers, they are warm very comfortable, and very waterproof if looked after.

Once you try Meindl you'll never go back to another pair of boots again.

The only other boot that comes close is the Klima Airs.

Meindl also make a tree climbers boot, they are a little more supple and flexible, but also less durable, the sole always come detached, especially if you foot lock.

Maybe those new ones with the high rubber rand may also have durablilty problems, climbing is tough on rands I find.