Nice Mercedes 814 4x4 on ebay

Big J

Been looking into a Mercedes Vario to tow a bigger mill lately and this lovely yellow, 4x4, crew cab chassis cab keeps standing out to me:

2002 Mercedes Benz 814 4x4 Double Twin Chassis Cab 4wd Unimog PTO Fitted | eBay

Would be superb as an arb truck with a tipping back and pto driven chipper on it.

I do love Mercedes' :thumbup1:

Do it Yankee style with a fifth wheel, with some tasteful livery, it would then be a very eyecatching "Yok",

and, more critically, but chassis plate dependant, max out at 8250kg gross.

Which means a heavier than 3500kg trailer if I remember my understanding of the regs pertaining (from when I did some preliminary homework a few years ago)

Signed

G,M&Twitch

PS

Nice looking dog apbell

Edited by difflock

Do it Yankee style with a fifth wheel, with some tasteful livery, it would then be a very eyecatching "Yok",

and, more critically, but chassis plate dependant, max out at 8250kg gross.

Which means a heavier than 3500kg trailer if I remember my understanding of the regs pertaining (from when I did some preliminary homework a few years ago)

Signed

G,M&Twitch

PS

Nice looking dog apbell

Looking at the specs online, it was my understanding that dependent on the type of hitch, a MAM of up to 15000kg was allowed (though perhaps not legal here). Only up to 3500kg trailer on a ball hitch though. Big thing for me is space in cab. Sat in a 5tonne Iveco the other day and it was tiny.

Not sure about low range Dean. If my old 308D was anything to go by, first was so low that you would pull away in 2nd 95% of the time.

Been looking into a Mercedes Vario to tow a bigger mill lately and this lovely yellow, 4x4, crew cab chassis cab keeps standing out to me:

2002 Mercedes Benz 814 4x4 Double Twin Chassis Cab 4wd Unimog PTO Fitted | eBay

Would be superb as an arb truck with a tipping back and pto driven chipper on it.

I do love Mercedes' :thumbup1:

It's not that good, the crew cab puts the load bed too far back leading to axle overloads, the four wheel drive takes a lot of payload off, the PTO will run a tipper pump but not much more, the one I drove had a woe full turning circle.

Looks nice though

Go-dove have these and a fair few other interesting bits of kit through a plant/truck disposal auction about 4 times a year. Mainly left hooky you'd need to import from Germany but from what I gather from other threads that'll not be a big deal for you.

A