Sub contractor Climber and groundsman vacancy in Croydon

Treerangers

Hi all,

We are a small firm with too much work!

I need to find a climber and groundsman that have the following:

Clean license and have own transport for driving to the yard as there are no buses!

Reliable

Happy to start work early and finish early (5:30am - 2:30pm)

Own public liability insurance (minimum £5,000,000)

Climber NPTC Certs: CS 30/31 38/39

Groundsman NPTC Certs: CS 30/31

First Aid trained

More pay if you want to use your own truck and chipper although the truck must not be signwritten.

Many thanks

Adam

07966 327 419

Interesting add there, just out of curiosity what is the work? as thats an early start to start up a saw :001_huh::001_smile:

Good to have the work though :thumbup:

Hi there

5:30am is the earliest we generally leave for work, but had to put it in as the baseline. We work all over London and the surrounding counties, so I prefer to get to site without rush hour! After 15 years in the game I'm sick of inside lane in traffic jams!

Adam

Sorry it is unclear from your ad.

Do you have 5,000,000 PL insurance or do you require your freelance climber to have 5,000,000 pl cover?

Hi Rich

We have £5,000,000 public liability, but if your a subby working for us then you won't be covered, hence why I need any sub contractors to have their own policy.

Adam

Interesting add there, just out of curiosity what is the work? as thats an early start to start up a saw :001_huh::001_smile:

Good to have the work though :thumbup:

The work ranges from small domestic up to large commercial, and everything inbetween. We don't take on council contracts and we don't deviate from arboriculture, ie: gardening and landscaping etc

Adam

Hi Rich

We have £5,000,000 public liability, but if your a subby working for us then you won't be covered, hence why I need any sub contractors to have their own policy.

Adam

If you pay someone then they work for you unless you have subcontracted the entire job. They don't need insurance they are covered by yours!

So you need a freelancer then? Not a sub contractor?

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Hi there

I assumed they were one and the same.

Basically I don't want to employ any more staff, but bring in people who can work alongside us, be it with their own set up or not. They would therefore have to be self employed. My insurance is set up for myself and the chaps I employ, so anyone else will need to have their own insurance.

Adam

Hi there

I assumed they were one and the same.

Basically I don't want to employ any more staff, but bring in people who can work alongside us, be it with their own set up or not. They would therefore have to be self employed. My insurance is set up for myself and the chaps I employ, so anyone else will need to have their own insurance.

Adam

They would only need insurance if you subbed the entire job to them. If you tell them what to do you are the employer they are the employee. They do not need to be on your books and they can still invoice you and pay their own insurance, tax etc but ultimately they do come under your employers liability.