Srt help!!!

arbmansam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, not my foot though

I use two ropes.

One is solely for access the other is for working on so I've always got that rope ready to go with hitch and everything tied on my harness

But if its a quick up and down job I'll just use a petzl ID to come down

All seems a bit complicated to me :001_huh::001_smile:

This is my setup, you need a pantin and some sort of chest or neck leash to pull the Croll up with you.

I'm a big fan of the RW but not on the first ascent.

I like to use this system to go up then setup my anchor point and wrench at the top, I find this setup very efficient

Nice set up! I love my RW as well but I have had trouble with it getting in the way on the way up. It is the Zk-1. I have tried using longer and thicker hitch cord with extra wraps and braids on a VT with success. Once I start working I just kick out the Pantin, put on the RW and put my Petzl handled ascender on my harness.

It also seems odd to wait until being up in the canopy before you'd tie the hitch and install the wrench..... I have to do it on the ground, I drop stuff.... :blushing::biggrin:

I have lost my hitch climber a couple of times though! blushing as well! Lol! I think the HC should have an extra attachment to one side of it for a small carabiner that you attach to your bridge or d-ring while changing your set up or TIP. IMO

I really think the Snake Anchor is genius! It gives you the best of both worlds. The lines most of us are using today are not forgiving being static or very low stretch. The Snake Anchor is designed to absorb some shock in case of a fall possibly saving your life on a long limb walk or if your slack is not tended properly. I honestly had drawn up a similar idea before this came out. Was shocked when I saw t on the front paige of Sherril Tree catalogue! Although my design was not as good or forgiving as it!

This is my setup, you need a pantin and some sort of chest or neck leash to pull the Croll up with you.

I'm a big fan of the RW but not on the first ascent.

I like to use this system to go up then setup my anchor point and wrench at the top, I find this setup very efficient

Like your set up marcus.

Looks efficient & compact for an srt.

I would like to move to this sort of set up for access then have the option of working the tree ddrt or srt (rope wrench) if the situation warrants one or the other.

Also leaving an access line installed is a great mind set to get into. (getting up & down for a cup o tea is so much more pleasurable) :001_tt2:

Like your set up marcus.

Looks efficient & compact for an srt.

I would like to move to this sort of set up for access then have the option of working the tree ddrt or srt (rope wrench) if the situation warrants one or the other.

Also leaving an access line installed is a great mind set to get into. (getting up & down for a cup o tea is so much more pleasurable) :001_tt2:

Hitch Hiker would suit you best if that's how you roll because it doesn't need to be detached or changed to switch from DdRT to SRWP.