Srt help!!!

arbmansam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please can someone advise me on SRT setups and can u use SRT with out a rope wrench and what other kit i need for this and also would like a run through of different ways to tie in and with full explanations because i am thinking of buying a snake anchor and using it as a base tie to start with and then progress to tip tying if i have any of this ballsed up please stop me before i do myself some damage just would really like quick access then go back on to ddrt spiderjack for moving in the canopy thanks people

Like some others have said going up is easy its managing the friction and pressure on the way down. Now a RW or Uni do this well and fluently with no cam spikes (as we all know a drop through 2m will shread a line). Pantin is probably a good idea if you havent one. it depends on what you want srt for, access or work positioning. There are much cheaper ways to spend money than a snake anchor (it is nice and shiny tho). 1 dmm revolver and a lyon sling for instance (i use them a lot). RW thread or HH thread will shine some more light on climbing and what LOTS is. Enjoy :thumbup1:

This is my setup, you need a pantin and some sort of chest or neck leash to pull the Croll up with you.

I'm a big fan of the RW but not on the first ascent.

I like to use this system to go up then setup my anchor point and wrench at the top, I find this setup very efficient

image.jpg.ca125dd1aed07d2b342a3e702181cdc3.jpg

This is my setup, you need a pantin and some sort of chest or neck leash to pull the Croll up with you.

I'm a big fan of the RW but not on the first ascent.

I like to use this system to go up then setup my anchor point and wrench at the top, I find this setup very efficient

Nice shoes! Try Lots. What do you do if you have an emergency on the way up? How would you come down!

I have a left foot pantin spiderjack hitch climber setup i have tried the unicender and loved it straight away tbh i just want a nice selection of ddrt and srt so i spose access and work positioning but i was getting confused by srt but now im starting to understand it and as for watford i want to go i just cant get a lift to it

Nice shoes! Try Lots. What do you do if you have an emergency on the way up? How would you come down!

It also seems odd to wait until being up in the canopy before you'd tie the hitch and install the wrench..... I have to do it on the ground, I drop stuff.... :blushing::biggrin:

Thanks, not my foot though

I use two ropes.

One is solely for access the other is for working on so I've always got that rope ready to go with hitch and everything tied on my harness

But if its a quick up and down job I'll just use a petzl ID to come down