33" solid Carlton bars for 880, 070, 076 etc type mount

Rob D

I'm taking it out this weekend for a run-in, finish off some Larch. Easy job first! But yes, lots of laquer on the rails and in the groove - run your finger over it and it's knobbly in places. Comes off with a file edge ok, though a fair amount of bar groove cleaner scraping was necessary - took half an hour? I'll take that for ~£20 off a Sugihara! Was probably sprayed after a final rail dressing without a good shot of compressed air...:confused1:

It's a lovely bar Rob! Really nice finish on the wood. Having no issues with it, other than the chain tensioning, which tends to slacken as it heats up. A problem with all bars I expect, more-so the hardnose bars. Suspect I saved a fair amount of fuel today, only refueled the once over 60 board feet. Sound reasonable?

The only thing is it's very thin so you've gotta be exact where you put the bar attachment. Don't wanna be pinching no grooves. Cheers, bargain!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Andy stick your thoughts on the bar up here after you've had a play.

:001_smile:

I will, but it maybe some time yet, as the 066 does most of the work, I only wanted to run that bar on the 090 as a back up. I'm not ready to have what's left of my innards turned to mush just yet :biggrin:

I will, but it maybe some time yet, as the 066 does most of the work, I only wanted to run that bar on the 090 as a back up. I'm not ready to have what's left of my innards turned to mush just yet :biggrin:

No worrys - when you're ready :001_smile: