33" solid Carlton bars for 880, 070, 076 etc type mount

Rob D

Have got some 33" Carlton bars in... Products for the category: Special Offers

With your 10% discount will be £44-00+vat

These will fit Stihl 08,088,050,051,075,076,070,090,MS880 style mounts.

Chain spec is .404 .063 100 drive links. You can buy your chain here Custom chain loops

They are not up to Sugihara/Stihl quality but more a budget option.

:biggrin:

59766342e42ca_ebay33inchbarsetc006.jpg.88c99f2ece39648b1f66ef62593a100d.jpg

59766342e2ad0_ebay33inchbarsetc004.jpg.0b125f742ed7ee2f6f03b509c95f7170.jpg

59766342e12d1_ebay33inchbarsetc003.jpg.1f4b7be16fba642e6a83e2ca5035ec84.jpg

59766342dfa99_ebay33inchbarsetc002.jpg.d2c50743decca6fd14bfccd1eaac6a5f.jpg

59766342dad18_ebay33inchbarsetc001.jpg.9163bcd5732562ac5472598790d42761.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They are not up to Sugihara/Stihl quality but more a budget option.

:biggrin:

Hi Rob. How do they compare to Oregon powermatch? I'd like a shorter than 47" setup for smaller logs and this will be cheaper than a 25" bar and chain but is it proper heavy? It's not a laminate bar but solid, right? What's the flex like? Is it thin like a Husky bar or bowed out like the Stihl duromatic?

Great! No brainer then, Carlton bar it is. One quick question...the Stihl ripping chain I bought last summer for the 47" is chipper chain. Not tested it yet, but by all accounts not a recommended milling cutter for board quality. Fine on softwood I expect. Think it was called Rapid Comfort X? Is the Stihl ripping chain on chainsawbars the same, or is it chisel cutter? Would prefer a chisel as I'll mostly be doing hardwood. Cheers!

Sorry am away at mo and only just seen this. The .404 Stihl ripping chain is semi chisel and perfect for hardwood. I have tried full chisel when milling and it caused a lot more vibration in hardwood.., all factory ripping chains are semi chisel... May try another full chisel adaption on softwood when I have the chance...

Thanks Rob, will try out the Stihl when the Carlton chisel chain I'm using runs down a bit. Seems to give a nice board on the Ash we did.

As regards the Carlton bar - great buy! So nice to pick up the 088 with one hand! Really nice and light and thin like a Husky bar. Did have to rip a lot of paint out the bar groove before the chain would go round - my only concern with the construction. Cheers again.

Thanks Rob, will try out the Stihl when the Carlton chisel chain I'm using runs down a bit. Seems to give a nice board on the Ash we did.

As regards the Carlton bar - great buy! So nice to pick up the 088 with one hand! Really nice and light and thin like a Husky bar. Did have to rip a lot of paint out the bar groove before the chain would go round - my only concern with the construction. Cheers again.

HI MATE I'm sorry to say :sneaky2:i CAN PICK MY 880 UP OK WITH ONE HAND HAND WITH A 4FT BAR GO WEIGHT LIFTING MATE :laugh1:JON :thumbup:

Yes I thought that - there is a lot of the lacquer on the rails and in the groove - but thanks for the feedback as I have not used one myself personally yet - let us know how it wears.

HI MATE I'm sorry to say :sneaky2:i CAN PICK MY 880 UP OK WITH ONE HAND HAND WITH A 4FT BAR GO WEIGHT LIFTING MATE :laugh1:JON :thumbup:

Ha ha! No one will match that Jon but some pics would be good! I have a meaty 87" GB bar for an 880 and was going to set up a comp at the shows I'm doing this year to see who could hold it the longest... but then I got paranoid about people giving themselves bad backs and suing etc etc!

Haha! Just looked up the spec. Your saw's is heavier and all! Bill's Saw Shop - Stihl chain saw specifications Check it - 22.3 lbs MS880 to 22.2 lbs on the 088 :thumbup1: Will do more lifting then... :blushing: