It's Sunday FFS !!!!!!!!

DN22 Gardening

All those who believe their Sunday is so special should be respected, after all it's their choice. And naturally they wouldn't expect to visit A&E, call the AA, buy diesel or go shopping because that would mean other folk having to work. Everyday is everyday.

It is a case of choice, if you want to work 24 hours a day then advertise as such.

People apply for jobs in the service sector or public sector knowing they will have to work unsociable hours, my wife is a nurse, she works unsociable hours, but she doesn't get patients ringing her up when she clocks off

It is a case of choice, if you want to work 24 hours a day then advertise as such.

People apply for jobs in the service sector or public sector knowing they will have to work unsociable hours, my wife is a nurse, she works unsociable hours, but she doesn't get patients ringing her up when she clocks off

not being funny dean if your wife had her number available she would get calls so not a good comparison . top and bottom of this issue its a call about business the time might be inconvienient so set up correctly in the first place ie business line and opening hours and days :thumbup1:

All those who believe their Sunday is so special should be respected, after all it's their choice. And naturally they wouldn't expect to visit A&E, call the AA, buy diesel or go shopping because that would mean other folk having to work. Everyday is everyday.

but all the services you mention above are all 24 hr anyway, and the people who choose to work in them know so before they take the job on, i know buisiness is buisiness but i think the point the OP was trying to get across is that the sitiuation was'nt life or death and the customer could have waited a couple of hours before making the call, i've had a phone call at 9.30 pm on a christmas eve for logs, and when i told them i cant do it till after boxing day they said dont worry were ok till the new year, so why phone me on christmas eve.

Might it be considered that you have already done a 70 hours week and need a bit of me time off.

I wouldn't ring a business that early on a Sunday morning, it's inconsiderate and selfish, that type of customer can stick their logs. Logs in tree surgery should only be a sideline anyway, if I were so desperate as to grasp at every single potential log customer then I would consider a career change.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Exactly!!

I think it comes down to up bringing and consideration for others.

I would not dream of calling anyone before 10AM on a Sunday morning, its just common curtsey, IMO.

But they do turn up at A&E though

Its a problem of perception. If someone phoned me up at 7.42 on a Sunday morning I'd be royally pi... um, annoyed. But I know that I work the other 6 days and probably spend a couple of hours a night doing maintenance / paperwork on top. The custormer gets my number from the local shop, paper or wherever, they just see a business selling logs and don't know my circumstances. It could be a someone just coming of a night shift, suddenly remembers to call, who knows. In this day and age people are used to calling call centres at any time for the most ridiculous of reasons, it wouldn't surprise me to find that people view the log business in the same way. Perhaps not so much inconsiderate as ignorant?

I think I would go proper mental all the same though if it happened to me:laugh1:.

It's not a one off though, the latest I have had is 11.30 pm.

I'm sorry, but ignorance and selfishness is prolific and pandemic in today's society, the more it is accepted and condoned by like minded people such as here, the more is will happen. Just the same as too much h&s has taken away modern societies common sense, acceptance of rude and selfish behaviour will only make it worse in time to come

Man up people, grow a spine and tell them it's not acceptable

Can't believe folk are complaimimg about customers contacting them. You can akways say no. Or don't answer the phone. Looks like customer service is a low priority. We have had a lot of work from people complaining of contractors not turning up or letting them down in other ways. Perhaps I'm on the wrong forum.