Costs of running a business..

benedmonds

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ive cut down alot of overheads everything is alot cheaper now, also my advertising is under £100 a year which is a massive cut from year before in yellow pages etc

FARK! you're a lucky boy!

We run at 5% of turnover.

This includes, Yellow pages, signwriting, business cards, internet site, advertising on other web sites, ex-pat news papers...

So we have a budget of around 3000euros+ at the moment.

Ty

FARK! you're a lucky boy!

We run at 5% of turnover.

This includes, Yellow pages, signwriting, business cards, internet site, advertising on other web sites, ex-pat news papers...

So we have a budget of around 3000euros+ at the moment.

Ty

Revise that.

And climbing...hhh!

Ty:thumbup:

• 1 month later...
Doing my accounts for the last 9 months.

We have Landrover and TW190 and Iveco with TW250, 4x4 and stump grinder.

It costs us: BEFORE WAGES £336 per working day! How does that compare?

That is without any major purchases or depreciation included..

I've just done some very loose calculations from memory and your figure looks about right. I'd have to look at our budget forecasts to see exactly where the fixed costs are.(I mainly leave that to the office manager and business director). For info, wages are roughly £300k per year.:scared1:

When you guys workout your costs per day how many working days do you base it on?

As Paul says plus add in lost days due to weather, breakdowns and the F factor and you'd be better basing you calculation on 45 weeks (225 days) a year max if you're doing good and closer to 40 weeks (200 days)if you're not running well.

With the poor weather we have been experiencing, we may be down as low as 180days worked by the end of this financial year.

We lost another 2 days last week due to snow+cold.

Still, there is always the workhouse or crime to turn to if the going gets really tough...hhh!

Ty

With the poor weather we have been experiencing, we may be down as low as 180days worked by the end of this financial year.

We lost another 2 days last week due to snow+cold.

Still, there is always the workhouse or crime to turn to if the going gets really tough...hhh!

Ty

Do you not substitute weekend day for week days if the weather is bad?