Caught him!

Arb123

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parked pick up was hit after pub closing time, driver drove off. Lots of debris left in road, collected most of it as evidence. Then parked up, with lights off and waited.

A car with a woman and boy came along 15 mins later and collect bits I had left. Followed it at a discreet distance after noting its number plate, after a while it turned into a housing estate. Did not follow it in (thought they might be on to me) but watched the exit for a while then went to bed.

In morning searched the estate a found a car with the bits I had missing off it.

Went to plod, there were so many of them in there they had to boil the kettle twice to make a round of teas.

I was stunned when the first thing they did was give me a 7 day wonder. Then I spent two hours giving statements. I pleaded with them to go to the house, offered them a lift there. They refused to go and visit. In end they did ****all.

Had to get him through insurance, complained to head of local police (who did nothing)

Police = useless, is my informed opinion.

Wet signed?:confused:

your wet pen, and theirs, they are accepting the liabilities, your giving yours. it is only a legal contract if signed by a person from both parties, they sign two copies send them to you, you sign both keep one send the other both parties have an origional document if it comes to court.

My parked pick up was hit after pub closing time, driver drove off. Lots of debris left in road, collected most of it as evidence. Then parked up, with lights off and waited.

A car with a woman and boy came along 15 mins later and collect bits I had left. Followed it at a discreet distance after noting its number plate, after a while it turned into a housing estate. Did not follow it in (thought they might be on to me) but watched the exit for a while then went to bed.

In morning searched the estate a found a car with the bits I had missing off it.

Went to plod, there were so many of them in there they had to boil the kettle twice to make a round of teas.

I was stunned when the first thing they did was give me a 7 day wonder. Then I spent two hours giving statements. I pleaded with them to go to the house, offered them a lift there. They refused to go and visit. In end they did ****all.

Had to get him through insurance, complained to head of local police (who did nothing)

Police = useless, is my informed opinion.

Sad but very true steve

take off his sump nut, drain his oil into a container and hey presto...his engine seizes up...don't get mad, get even. If the Police don't act on info like this, then you have to deal with it yourself :thumbdown:

take off his sump nut, drain his oil into a container and hey presto...his engine seizes up...don't get mad, get even. If the Police don't act on info like this, then you have to deal with it yourself :thumbdown:

That sounds like hard work. Get the crane out and turn his car up side down is much easier.

whilstwere on the subject of insurance, did you know that if you do not have a wet signed contract you have no insurance, and that legaly the insurance company are not selling you anything and therefore are commiting theft from your acount, again no wet signing of the direct debit mandate.

Tony, I believe you are wrong here. It is not necessary for a contract (except for the sale of land) to be evidenced in writing. Oral contracts are just as enforceable though possibly a little more difficult.

A contract of insurance is Uberrimae fidei, of the utmost good faith. An insurer would have great difficulty in getting out of a valid claim by arguing the non existence of a signature.

If however, you are correct, then my truck & my public liability insurances are invalid.

I can also say that there are many, many instances where we pay (service providers) by direct debit without our bank seeing a signed mandate. It doesn't make those debits any less valid.

Oh, and lest anyone be confused about the validity of their marriage, signature not required.