ATV timber forwarding trailer

gav0994

]had this up in the "show us your tractor" thread, but thought i'd stick it here as a few people reckoned it deserved its own thread!

Thought I'd stick up a few photos of my new ATV tandem axle four wheeler trailer for hauling timber

All welded up with my 190Amp mig and galvanised afterwards. The tandem axles are pivoted on 1 1/4 round steel pins through brass bushes with stainless washers either side of the pin and secured with a split pin. I also fitted a 360* swivel hitch for added safety on rough ground and slopes. The top half of the stakes are removable as I'm planning on making up a removable flatbed deck at a later date to make it more useful when not needing to haul timber. The headboard at the front is also adjustable forward and rear to allow for different lengths of timber.

WP_000038.jpg.b7b29b1540090f7c41228ec252e7a25d.jpg

WP_000039.jpg.dbf9e52d1d919a56333d1f6e6626a75c.jpg

WP_000040.jpg.8212d49120c3b3a02541673e3b7d12af.jpg

Wolfman are you able to tow that twin axle timber trailer behind the landy on the road

no, I just hooked it to the truck to test it out - I'd just taken delivery of it.

I think that the firm I bought it from does do road legal versions thou.

Thats the best atv timber trailer i have seen. Do you think you could give us a breakdown of costings to make?

havent done a final calc of costs yet, but to make up the tandem axle units it has cost approx £500 which includes the 4 wheels and stub axles/hubs at £280 plus the material to make them.

I reckon total cost is approx £800-£900, which is well worth it as it is far better than the TCF engineering version and alot cheaper than a LOGIC one that retails around £2500!!!

I reckon total cost is approx £800-£900, which is well worth it as it is far better than the TCF engineering version and alot cheaper than a LOGIC one that retails around £2500!!!

I agree.

I think that My TCF trailer cost £750 but I think the price has increased since then.

havent done a final calc of costs yet, but to make up the tandem axle units it has cost approx £500 which includes the 4 wheels and stub axles/hubs at £280 plus the material to make them.

I've seen one just the same as yours for sale on ebay....... :sneaky2: