Husqvarna battery top handle in stock

Jonesie

I still fail to see how this could be practical. A battery running for 35mins in an 8hour working window? Am I missing something?

In an 8 hour day how long have you actually got your finger on the trigger cutting timber? I know it's only 35 mins run time but when your up a tree it's all stop start

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an 8 hour day how long have you actually got your finger on the trigger cutting timber? I know it's only 35 mins run time but when your up a tree it's all stop start

I see where you're coming from Coletti but a tank of fuel only really lasts 35mins and its all stop/start too. How many times do you send the saw to be refilled during the day?,:001_tt2:

Most tree surgeons I know rarely switch the saw off every single time between cuts, the battery one is only running for a very short time on each cut, then it's off. IIRC the battery life is equivalent to a tank of fuel, how many times do you refill a petrol topper in a day? This should help you to decide if this saw is for you. I'd be thinking of the noise reduction too, starting earlier in the morning, night work, and so on when making a decision, not just be blinkered by the battery life.

Most tree surgeons I know rarely switch the saw off every single time between cuts, the battery one is only running for a very short time on each cut, then it's off. IIRC the battery life is equivalent to a tank of fuel, how many times do you refill a petrol topper in a day? This should help you to decide if this saw is for you. I'd be thinking of the noise reduction too, starting earlier in the morning, night work, and so on when making a decision, not just be blinkered by the battery life.

Agree with this, its just another tool available to us. If you did lots of small reductions or fruit tree pruning it would probably be ideal but not for a company that undertook large take downs every day.

I would be interested in what the saws like in a working situation rather than what is written on paper. Power etc.

Wether or not you think it's for you is for another thread in the general chat forum. IMO.

Silky said he had a demo one so I'm interested in what the working capabilities are.

If the battery is so much of a concern, why not work out the cost of fuel etc to run a topper then the cost of the battery how much it'll cost to charge and run etc.

you've now got aspen and this saw both which will help the operator if they have illness, i think theres a lot more to this saw when deciding to buy or not.

Myself i wont be buying this since it has the wrong badge on it, but it does look good over all