Just a warning .......

pward

for what its worth there is just the same problem for the employer - i have had my fair share of wanna be climbers that come down promising the earth , delivering very little and in some cases not being able to do the job that they assured they could do , i have had guys turn up with no climbing kit and tell me it was nicked by the last chap he worked with , i have had some that expect to stay in my house and expect my missus to lie to me/ not tell me that the person was out all night and is not fit to be at work !!!! - but still they expect the money that was agreed at the onset of work .

good points, theres always 2 sides to every story, though both are rarely told :001_smile:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me and a guy on here well Luke the hedgeman did a job last summer i had a talk to him on the phone he said yes was interested in the job gave him the address of the place even tho i didn't even know the address proper due to it being a friends house that was recently bought he went out had a look at the tree on his own got a call from him saying yes its well with in his capable hands agreed a price for the day/soon at tree was on the deck his day was over never meet Luke into the morning of the job got there had a little chat Luke got started and was flying trough the tree had a few teething problems with the mewp tree was down roughly at 2.30 -3pm Luke and his groundie wantted to stay and help to chip up and tidy up the brash i said no you jobs done as agreed paid him up his wages on the spot a happy me and a happy luke from phone call not even knowing each other to a top job and a two happy people from both sides

i worked for a company they took 2 months to pay it wasnt all there and while working for him i had my van done over and im still sure he had something to do with it.

He said my tipper was up and i drive that way regular and cant see were it was parked from were he said it !

Well, I'm not a climber, I'm only "NPTC certified", I have no formal qualifications in Arboriculture, forestry or woodland management. I guess that means I won't have to worry abut taking on any "qualified" freelancers who are far too good for my work? But I do pay at the end of the job, or the end of the working week, for my sins.

I have worked for AAAC companies where the boss had even less NPTC certs than me, yet he had one of the best regional companies in the area, with high standards and expectations. At the time I don't think one worker had any formal qualifications, so I wouldn't get too hung up on their importance, it's tree cutting not nuclear physics. :001_rolleyes:

Well, I'm not a climber, I'm only "NPTC certified", I have no formal qualifications in Arboriculture, forestry or woodland management. I guess that means I won't have to worry abut taking on any "qualified" freelancers who are far too good for my work? But I do pay at the end of the job, or the end of the working week, for my sins.

I have worked for AAAC companies where the boss had even less NPTC certs than me, yet he had one of the best regional companies in the area, with high standards and expectations. At the time I don't think one worker had any formal qualifications, so I wouldn't get too hung up on their importance, it's tree cutting not nuclear physics. :001_rolleyes:

this is all to true Andy i have known guys with every ticket under the sun and was dangerous and rubbish at there job and have seen some guys who haven't got a single ticket but have common sense and plenty of experiencewho would work there socks of for a days pay

this is all to true Andy i have known guys with every ticket under the sun and was dangerous and rubbish at there job and have seen some guys who haven't got a single ticket but have common sense and plenty of experiencewho would work there socks of for a days pay

Quite right, takes all sorts. Impossible to apply the same rules and criteria to everyone, you'd die trying. Take all as you find is the best way to a long life, you never know what little gem you might stumble upon :thumbup1:

Must admit yellow pages in my area over 50% are not insured or qualified, had one company steal my qualifications page from my website copied word for word and layout and they have not one qualification and no insurance just another pop up pirate.

How can you know they are not insured or qualified?????

As for steeling your page that could well have been the web page builder, with out the owners knowledge.