new woodburner?

sean

Don't wast your hard earned wonga ! Save a bit more and go for one of the new more efficient stoves . I have a Burley at 98% efficiency but there are other makes that are similar .

Not a case of saving........my landlord has given me a £500 budget to buy a burner.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

300-350 is a cheap chinese stove. Average life 3-5 years.

A Morso has a life of over 30 years, more if you look after it. If you can find one then a used one at perhaps £500 is a good buy, you should have no problem getting any spares if a bit of TLC is needed but make sure they are genuine ones as there have been some chinese parts to fit Morso's coming in, mainly top baffle plates. There is a member here that reconditions and sells used Morso's, he will I am sure comment in due course and may well be able to help.

I would recommend a better quality used stove but do appreciate things are tight. Cheaper stoves, then look at Carron, their 4.7kw stove is basic but well made at yours for about £500.

If you are not in a hurry sometimes used bargins can be found on e bay etc during the summer, no bargins this time of year though.

A

ive fitted a few of these that customers have sourced off the internet

they have all been very happy with heat and efficiency, could be a cheaper option as times are hard

Stoves, wood burning stoves, woodburning stove, multifuel stoves UK, Greymetal Multifuel and Woodburning Stoves Greymetal Multifuel and Woodburning Stoves

Hi

I'm just getting used to using an Efel here that is good but I think they're expensive to buy new.

I need a new grate for it 39 cm x 49 cm of mild steel I think with 27 holes drilled in it. Only place I could trace replacement parts was a UK website quoting cost over £200 excluding delivery.

Made one with a piece of steel I found lying around with a grinder

• 1 month later...