entec? i am thinking of buying one

trurotrees

£4000 is well cheap for a 6 inch diesel chipper I had a 2001 tw125 not a problem in 2-3 years exactly the same machines bar the engine and covers brought a brand new one in 2011 again not missed a beat. The older one was over 10 years old and I got a similar price for it because they are worth there weight in gold.

Just test bearings when purchasing stick a long screwdriver on the four large bolts and stick your ear to it listen you will know a crap bearing.

Also check all blades are intact, I'd snap that up if its in good condition.

For the money they are unbeatable and a monkey could fix one :D:thumbup:

4K is not cheep between3ooo 3250 depending on condition if its been well maintained it will serve you well if not it could cost a lot to put right. I bought an o2 tracked 150 been owned from new by the company had it serviced at there main dealer as and when it needed. They had it completely over hauled new tracks bearings blades anvil resprayed new stickers before they put it on the market for £5250 i gave them £4750 and they through in 2 sets of blades.

If your willing to travel and take your time there are some bargains to be had

We use a 1998 Entec as our main machine still. 35hp Kubota diesel still going strong. Yes its a little tired in places but still looks fine and chips brash into little pieces and chucks it into the truck.

4K may be steep depending on the condition, but a great little chipper IMHO as long as you can fettle it a bit yourself.

Just my thought, but less likely to be nicked than a new one??

Best advice I could give you is get the main rotor bearing checked, check no fins are broken and check the no stress is working. Like someone else said, if everythings working ok on it, it's probably worth the money. If it needs a few repairs, then it may be a little dear.