entec? i am thinking of buying one

trurotrees

Hi all,

Been offered a 1999 entec diesel, 2 owners from new, both self employed, stored under cover all its life, recent service including all bearings flywheel blades, trailer braking system. For 4k, is this a good buy or no? Ps does anyone know what horse power these machines are? 4cylinder kubota.

Over to you....

Hi all,

Been offered a 1999 entec diesel, 2 owners from new, both self employed, stored under cover all its life, recent service including all bearings flywheel blades, trailer braking system. For 4k, is this a good buy or no? Ps does anyone know what horse power these machines are? 4cylinder kubota.

Over to you....

I am almost sure the 1999 models have a kubota v1200 which is a 30hp engine.

I ran until Christmas a 1999 petrol 6" entec. Exactly the same machine bar the engine and I ran it for just over 5 years. They are a sound machine although at 13 years old and with me as only the second owner it was starting to get tired. The person I bought it off had done less than 100 hours on it and I only worked part time making it a relatively low hours machine to start with so go steady if it has been worked hard.

They are a good machine on a budget and easy to work on in case of issues or breakdowns with all parts still available from orange plant/timberwolf.

The diesel engines are 35hp (I think)

Hope this helps

Kev

have been there, done that and bought t shirt with entec.

very effective chipper but even if minded like a baby will do in a blower fin or a bearing in the middle of a job at the drop of a hat.

buy something newer, new even if you have the work

have been there, done that and bought t shirt with entec.

very effective chipper but even if minded like a baby will do in a blower fin or a bearing in the middle of a job at the drop of a hat.

buy something newer, new even if you have the work

Iv'e had my 2001 entec for at least 6 years, never had a bearing or a fin go in all that time.