Tis the season to see Fungi, fa la la la la....

David Humphries

On 26/11/2020 at 10:39, AJStrees said:

Been out in the woodlands and found a few fungi of late.

Haven’t had a chance to ID them all yet. Comments welcome.

Have you IDed them yet?

I thought No 2 looked a bit like a slime mould but not like any I've seen. Then it occurred to me it could be something like a young hazel porecrust, dichomitus campestris, if it's on a hazel. (Nice name anyway even if I don't have a clue what it is).

5 looks like velvet shank.

4 I'm curious about, it looks like a very shaggy parasol, which can be quite variable, but I'm not sure.

Sorry, not much help this time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

Have you IDed them yet?

I thought No 2 looked a bit like a slime mould but not like any I've seen. Then it occurred to me it could be something like a young hazel porecrust, dichomitus campestris, if it's on a hazel. (Nice name anyway even if I don't have a clue what it is).

5 looks like velvet shank.

4 I'm curious about, it looks like a very shaggy parasol, which can be quite variable, but I'm not sure.

Sorry, not much help this time.

Still looking through the books to be fair. They are probably all fairly common but hadn't seen the lilac looking mini mushrooms before picture 1. Going to have to keep going through my fungi guides. Cheers for the input though, will check them ones you have mentioned in my books.

16 hours ago, AJStrees said:

Still looking through the books to be fair. They are probably all fairly common but hadn't seen the lilac looking mini mushrooms before picture 1. Going to have to keep going through my fungi guides. Cheers for the input though, will check them ones you have mentioned in my books.

Agree with Paul re the Velvet Shanks and Shaggy Parasol. Last one will probably be Ganoderma.

16 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

I've not seen anything like the lilac fungi either but a bit of a search suggests Lilac Fibrecap, Inocybe geophylla var. lilacina, as a possiblity. Apparently common and deadly.

Among the potential candidates, also agree this is the likeliest, owing to the colours, stem surface texture and (initially) quite pointed cap shape.

No 3 is a bit far gone.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...