Greenmech quad chip 160 pros/cons

JN Tree Care

Issues with the liberal spreading of wood chip now solved. No need to modify the truck as suggested??

Total cost of the modification was £7 for 1 meter of 6" bathroom extractor fan pipe and it works perfectly.

What a superb idea, brilliant

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The pile of dust underneath is because we put a drain hole there. It does let water out as well as dust. Some years ago, in a bloody cold wet winter, we had a number of chippers freeze up with water in the chamber, they wouldn't turn over and since then, we fitted drain holes. On horizontal roller machines, there are two there too.

The pile of dust underneath is because we put a drain hole there. It does let water out as well as dust. Some years ago, in a bloody cold wet winter, we had a number of chippers freeze up with water in the chamber, they wouldn't turn over and since then, we fitted drain holes. On horizontal roller machines, there are two there too.

Ours also froze up in 2012/13

Had to put a hot air paint stripper inside the infeed for 10min several mornings.

Guess our drain hole was bunged up.

I love our Quadchip but we are going to need to get some aluminium welding done then a tidy re-spray on the front panel as it has fractured in 4 places and dropped a panel peg.

Can't have sharp right angles on alloy panels I have been informed.

Didn't work out for the Comet airliner and it don't work well on a Quadchip neither.

Ty

• 1 year later...
Evening all,

I turn blades approx every 25-30 hours at the moment.

I know I could leave them for many more hours but I think sharpening would be cheaper than bearing replacement.

Maybe I'm being too cautious but I do like a good edge!

What say the esteemed panel of judges?

Ty

Felling that mate , in the same

I've had my quad chip for a year now and it's a great chipper I think it's better than my previous tw150. Just have a problem with the rollers at the minute. It doesn't seem to be pulling in the small stuff as well as it used to. The right roller on the spring side seems to be sitting at a slight angle and opens the gap between the two rollers. Has anyone else had this problem? I've pulled it apart this morning and can't seem to find any obvious debris in there causing a problem. There is slight play in the bearing which may be causing it. Has anyone got Peteb number as he seems to be the man in the know or can I just ring the green mech office and speak to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Hi Pete yes he did great service from you guys thanks a lot we managed to get the plate welded on site to get us through till the new parts come.

Cheers Andy, it's a pleasure...:thumbup1:

Glad you managed to get it repaired temporarily, the parts should be with you tomorrow..