Bbc

sylvestris stew

Yeah i saw that this am, had to laugh when they quoted FC production figures and said that must mean there lots of wood out there for everyone lmao ! No thought that that timber might actually be going somewhere else lol

No Steve barely mentioned the suppliers, just interviewing a guy with 3 wood burning stoves, a short piece in a timber yeard, some muppet from the carbon trust and some miss-leading commision overlays.

The usual poorly researched time filler !!

No Steve barely mentioned the suppliers, just interviewing a guy with 3 wood burning stoves, a short piece in a timber yeard, some muppet from the carbon trust and some miss-leading commision overlays.

The usual poorly researched time filler !!

here,here,

also , £1400/year gas bill before wood

£300/year gas bill with wood

£350/year wood bill

down south £80/m3

4.37m3 logs doesnt seem very much.

FC web site states approx 10 tonne per year for a small cottage.

?????????????????????????

• 2 weeks later...

i think it's good that the bbc think anyone can go in the local woods and start removing trees for fire wood, i think the nt and fc would have somthing to say on the matter. And i would be annoyed if people started turing up at my woodland and helping them self.

Its already happening here!

Hedgerows being scavenged for fire wood.

Mainly hippy types (sorry for any a'fence to hippy types) think its OK to pull out any rails; hurdles and layed hedging to keep their fire going leaving holes big enough to fit a travelers bus through let alone a flock of sheep!:thumbdown:

Ed of rant. I just seem to be meting more and more people that seem to think wood is free and belongs to nature not the land owner so its alright to just help yourself.