Info wanted on 550xp problems please

Coletti

I have read a bit about a problem with the 550/560xp but am unsure what it is. Can anyone enlighten me as to the problems they had and weather it may happen to mine, it's been fine so far although not done masses of work with it but I purchased it from FRJones at the apf and wondered weather this is one of the fixed ones or one of the faulty models and if it is a faulty model how do I go about getting it sorted? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

George

The very early ones had tuning issues that were sorted very quickly. You would have known by now if it was one of these.

Since then, some have experienced brake bands snapping, some side covers breaking inside with the starter recoil. Some have also experienced some running problems too.

All above is covered on your 2 year warranty. I believe there is an updated side cover due, if its not already available. The irratic running on occasion is easily fixed by a reset by your dealer. The brake band seems to break more regularly if its "tested" a lot.

All these issues IMO are avoidable or easily sorted, given the benifits of these saws I feel its a small price to pay.

Cracking saws... Really there is no better ! A few probs nothing major... Chain break band and starter side casing .... all sorted under warranty, new development and saw there will be problems and atleast husky acknowledge this and are fixing it ... Problem solved, gotta say even then I would still buy one even if they have not fixed the problems as the 560 puts a smile on my face every time I pick it up .. !!