Logging with horses, can anyone advise me?

treejoe

Thank you, I shall give him a email, his website is very helpful!

Do I really need a training course! I mean I have ridden from being very young and also driven horses! I understand that the horse must get used to the sound of the chains/equipment behind it and pulling weight but surely like anything with any horse it is a case of building trust and introducing them to it over a period of time, making it fun to them as all horses (apart from the lazy plods who need some convincing) love to work.

I would be very interested in hearing of that mare you have.

I was riding horses about 30hrs a week for 27yrs, and yet found it very frustrating when driving from the ground, it is a different ball game.

If you only go for one day with Simon, you will benefit from it, I would not recommend anyone else.

If you wish to see the mare, click on the facebook link below my post, you will see pictures of her, she is called Leonne.

I was riding horses about 30hrs a week for 27yrs, and yet found it very frustrating when driving from the ground, it is a different ball game.

If you only go for one day with Simon, you will benefit from it, I would not recommend anyone else.

If you wish to see the mare, click on the facebook link below my post, you will see pictures of her, she is called Leonne.

I have given him a email and I found the articles very useful on his website, think I am going to do a course of some description to learn about the techniques needed, maybe a weekend course to start and then see if I feel I need to do more.Given the BHL a email to find out about courses.

What a beautiful mare she is stunning, I would love to know a bit more about her! This might sound like a daft question but do they 'fit' in a standard horse trailer or do they need some adaption for large bottoms?

I have given him a email and I found the articles very useful on his website, think I am going to do a course of some description to learn about the techniques needed, maybe a weekend course to start and then see if I feel I need to do more.Given the BHL a email to find out about courses.

What a beautiful mare she is stunning, I would love to know a bit more about her! This might sound like a daft question but do they 'fit' in a standard horse trailer or do they need some adaption for large bottoms?

They fit in a standard trailer ok, you also have a PM

Hi there

I have worked with a chap called Dan Brown. He has Suffolk Punch and Percherons. Drop him an email at: [email protected]

His website is Carriage Driving & Horse Riding Lessons > Surrey Hills Horseman

Although his site primarilly mentions carriage driving, there is a section on timber extraction and there are some contact numbers too.

All the best:biggrin:

A bloke I know called Mark Buxton from West Dean in Sussex breeds heavy horses and has done some timber extraction in conjunction with west dean estate and the weald and downland museum in Singleton ( next village up from west dean ) When I next see him I will ask him if he would let you contact him .