what sort of internet device is right for me? advice please...

jrose

Except Flash.

Jrose, if you need mobile internet you need a smartphone, then if you find you use it a lot out and about think about getting a tablet type device that you can link to the phone to get internet access when you are out of the office.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys but I'd recommend iPhone or iPad every time. I have both and they can do everything a laptop/net book can. Gets my vote and worth the extra money!!

Completely out of price range specified, and if you ask me, not worth the extra money to be stuck with apples superiority complex. Handset is overpriced, apps are overpriced and over censored. Android is open source so far cheaper apps, with wider availability, 85% is free. Samsung handsets compete well with apples and have many advantages, removeable battery so you can carry a spare or replace once buggered, expandable flash memory( can insert sd card to obtain more storage for pics,vids,miusic, data etc) But the best advantage is they are usually less than half the price of apples. People will always have differing opinions but for me samsung is the way and apple is a world i wish to leave well alone.

Cloud memory is available on all android devices too. Open source is the way forward, theres a whole list of things you can do free on android thanks to a bunch of hacks programming in there free time, that apple wont let you go near or will charge the earth . The only benefit i can see on an apple is slightly higher screen resolution, but if anyone can spot that with there eyes alone i'd be surprised. And as for itunes thats another joke.

Its not that i wont spend the money, its just theres no point in spending it.

its all designed to peel the 20's out yer wallet.

they all do the same thing.....don't get dragged down with the rest of them.

a pc/laptop is just that, a phone is a phone.....look around you....do you really want to have your head looking down into a screen day or night? walking down the street? or anywhere? they are all zombies :lol:

its all designed to peel the 20's out yer wallet.

they all do the same thing.....don't get dragged down with the rest of them.

a pc/laptop is just that, a phone is a phone.....look around you....do you really want to have your head looking down into a screen day or night? walking down the street? or anywhere? they are all zombies :lol:

:lol::lol: I'm with you there Tuttle.

All ludites rally round :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a BlackBerry PlayBook 12 months ago for the same reasons you are looking for a tablet/computer device for and find it excellent. You can pick up the 16gb version now for £99 which is great value for what the device will do. It supports flash player and has docs to go (blackberrys own version of word/excel) installed and you can view pdf's. The screen is 7" so smaller than the standard ipads but was a perfect size for me and fitting it into a cheap case/stand looks no bigger than an a5 diary so great for carrying about. It has front and rear cameras if you need that and since the upgrade to OS2 now supports native email so if you read any reviews don't believe the ones saying you need to have a blackberry phone to work it. I connect to the wifi at home but as I have a blackberry phone it connects seamlessly to it if I need to run on the phones data via bluetooth. There is no sim in the tablet so connecting my phone to it gives me personal data off my phone available and I can text off the tablet but disconnecting the phone means that data is no longer on the tablet which I find safer but an issue for some people. Considering the initial cost of the device was around the £300+ mark its a very good quality device at bargain basement costs. I don't disagree that apple products are very slick and everyone I've used i couldn't fault them but I couldn't justify that cost and like the blackberry underdog!

I have ipad mini 3G. It's ok, does a lot, I use it all day but it hasn't saved me anything, just means I spend more time staring at a screen.

Also have iPhone 5. Rubbish.

My favourite is my laptop, 17" vaio. Does everything, properly and well.

And because I have to get it out and set it up I only use it when I need it.

Get a small cheap laptop / net book, much better solution.....