some hedges i have laid

hedgesparrow

Lovely set of pictures Hedgesparrow,its something that in my opinion we dont feature enough on the forum,I can see you & the input from others helping to bring to light.

I have dipped my toe in the water a couple of times on non comercial hedge laying,& wish to open up my knowledge & ability to at least have an understanding of the principals.

Around me there are many hedges that remain,now very much all flailed as livestock are either wire fenced or the land is just under the plow,so its not deemed as a viable way to maintain the hedges that are still left on agg land,a great shame & loss in my opinion.

i did not relise until i went to the national championships that wales on its own has 6 styles based on which part of wales you are in.

plus all the other styles and sub styles based on a main style.

the national championships if you want to see all the main types of hedges being laid by some of the top cutters in the country. worth a day out very enjoyable. sadly last couple of year been way up north east so to far to go.

but go on NHLS website they do put on local comps in different areas.

will be off the Isle of Wight Championships 23rd of Febuary. if you can get there as ferry precludes most people due to cost of getting over. it is a good day fantastic views last year on top of a hill has classes for novice open and team not seen much in other comps. a good day out and bacon butties are good, all from local grown pigs. saw a very little used style last year the wight style based on devon style