How are your Sugihara bars holding up?

Rob D

Not when cutting, just when warming up, running the chain.

But yes it's from the back of the bar. Maybe the bar is tapered a little too small before it hits the sprocket? Just thinking out loud...

Hmmm... dunno - if you can post a vid up that would be the best way to ID what's happening?.... does it happen with other chains or just the Granberg?

• 3 weeks later...
Thinking about it, it's usually when horizontal and in the mill so maybe caused by flex in the bar?

Just to add to this Dan - I had this happen the other day using the 090... chain was really bouncing around on the back of the bar but halfway down seemed to be fine...

Turns out that when I had the bar clamped I had pinched a slight bend into bar... released the nose clamp and the bar straightened... re tightened the nose clamp and the chain was fine....

It was easy to see on the 60" bar but this could have been the cause of the problem.

Running a 20" on my 576XPG and a 15" on my 560XPG, I will never buy a Husqvarna bar again. The Sugihara bars so far are holding up really well, they seem to be a bit stiffer that the Husky bars without a noticeable change in weight or balance.

Just out of interest how do they weigh in against the manufacturers bars??

RobD - do you supply a 15" .325" for a husky 550xp? My original husky bar is nearly ready for the scrap bin!

I will be end of Feb if you can hang on!

Next shipment of Sugi bars due then - it's a long turnaround... I order and then 4 months until delivery!

But as said the next batch due in end of Feb

Running a 20" on my 576XPG and a 15" on my 560XPG' date=' I will never buy a Husqvarna bar again. The Sugihara bars so far are holding up really well, they seem to be a bit stiffer that the Husky bars without a noticeable change in weight or balance.

Just out of interest how do they weigh in against the manufacturers bars??[/quote']

It's a very good point... I did this weigh chart....

http://www.chainsawbars.co.uk/media/documents/guidebar-info.pdf

took ruddy ages and nobody really looks at it but it was before I had the Sugi bars...

Quite unique but a lot of work... will try and re do with Sugi bars but I did weigh a couple... they are a little heavier I think and yet when you use them feel lighter!