How are your Sugihara bars holding up?

Rob D

Just to add to this Dan - I had this happen the other day using the 090... chain was really bouncing around on the back of the bar but halfway down seemed to be fine...

Turns out that when I had the bar clamped I had pinched a slight bend into bar... released the nose clamp and the bar straightened... re tightened the nose clamp and the chain was fine....

It was easy to see on the 60" bar but this could have been the cause of the problem.

Only just seen this rob. I think that's the main cause of my trouble, I'll have to make I set the bar in absolutely spot on. Haven't had the mill out since I posted on here so haven't had the chance for a vid yet.

60" pah! Now you're showing off:D

I will be end of Feb if you can hang on!

Next shipment of Sugi bars due then - it's a long turnaround... I order and then 4 months until delivery!

But as said the next batch due in end of Feb

Cool... Could you put me down for one and PM me when they arrive?

Only just seen this rob. I think that's the main cause of my trouble, I'll have to make I set the bar in absolutely spot on. Haven't had the mill out since I posted on here so haven't had the chance for a vid yet.

60" pah! Now you're showing off:D

I've got some 84" Granberg bars in now Dan - will my weedy little body be up to it....

... not sure yet!

:biggrin:

It came off the saw the next night, Rob. It's a 15" bar and its too long for fir and birch snedding work. Plenty of oomph for that size of bar, but once you use a 13" bar for snedding I don't think you look back. Will order a 13" Sugihara from you tonight or tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Okey Dokey - the latest batch of Sugihara bars are here!

These are all pro versions so solid single piece Stihl with replaceable sprocket nose, have got a lightweight, smaller tip 14" version for the 200T.... next order will have some 12" ones as well...

I will be doing lots of threads over the next few days.... I would expect the 13", 15" and 18" Husky bars for 346 and similar to sell fast as well as these 14" ones for 200T.... do not hang about as lead time is 4 months (next order will be 1st April so will not get next lot until 1st August.

:biggrin:

Got the standard sprocket one - running beautifully on the ms341 Rob. Keeping its paint well too which is nice! Might be the smoooothness of my method though ha!

same on its 6th or 7th chain, very little ware, only one fault there is no way oregan flat files will dress the bar:lol: has to be the cordless when i get home:thumbup1: