td5 110 covert or not?

Ackworth Arborists

I have a 55plate 110 which i am considering converting to a tipper. In peoples experience is it worth it. The truck is immaculate as its been used as a run around to visit sites so wwould make a good coversion candidate and I would use it lots more if it were a tipper. Will I just be wasting my time and money? All your input will be appreciated

Cheers

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the body type. A Hi Cap is the easiest as you need no extra land rover body panels so first think to think of.

As for useage, Ive found mine more flexible than a transit, it will tow more legally, carry more legally and go places no transit would. Size of cab is its only downside following the tranny and possibly storage space, but with some thought on the design of it, this can be over come.

Being a fan of the landy does help, i.e, if anyone tries to promote a landy tipper to a green oval hater, it will never be any use! If you like the way landys are and how they work, and you feel it would suit your set-up, Im sure it will be a positive asset.

A large vehicle like a 110 is quite hard to hide if to be used on covert :001_tt2:operations.

:lol:

Ha Ye sorry sent off the phone. Thanks for the input everyone as it is not a 3500 and the 3050 it does seem a bit pointless if you can't carry hardly anything. I think I will probably save my finances and see how much longer the iveco lasts before the back drops to bits and then maybe have a better back built.

It needs to be a Hi Cap or similar with 3500kg GVW, not standard 110 at 3050kg. I have a TD5 130 tipper which comes in just under 2500kg with driver, leaving 1000kg payload. A 3050kg chassis is only giving you approx 550kg payload hardly seems worth the effort.

fit the correct suspension etc for a 3500kg 110 and get the revenue weight changed on the logbook and get the weight plate stamped ! its all doable and above board !

Can anyone recommend a company to do the conversion in my area west yorkshire. Many thanks for the info once again

Website doesnt show much to be honest, they arent that sort of company. What you will get is a top quality build to your spec, not over keen sales patter. Dont bother contacting them if you're wanting a cheap job done, they are quality builder, not a cheap one, there's a difference:thumbup1:

Broughton Bodies - G Broughton & Sons

What body type is your 110?