ride on mower?

mowingjamie

hi guys, im new to the fourm being a electrician but leaving my job feb/march to become selfemployed to continue and expand my grass cutting business (i must be mad). I know its not quite your side of work but I've followed this forum for a while now and trust your views. I have been looking at a few ride on mowers (2nd hand) and been supprised by the good reviews the Etesia mowers get, ive got the chance of getting a etesia MVEHH ride on with about 800 hours made in 2002/3, for the price of £1800 does this sound like a good price for the age? Would you recomend something else in that price range eg. john deere? must be able to collect grass and at least 40" cut. Any suggestions would be a massive help!

Cheere Jamie.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the finish you want- that will be dictated by the customer. For speed and manoeuvrability and shear ability with 4 wheel drive and articulated steering get a stiga park pro. Good mulching facility means you won't have to dispose of cuttings if used regularly. Reasonable second hand model could be bought for around 2 grand.

Countax and westwood are really heavy duty domestic mowers and could cost a lot in repairs and time.

most of the customers i cut for will only have the grass cut every 2 weeks, if i mulched that some of the gardens start to look like farm yards! i used to really like the westwood mowers but this last year i have been told too many storys of things braking and the costs of replacement parts. Just looking for a ride on that will cut in the rain, will not rust like a transit and be nearly maintence free. really like the john deere mowers but not convinced that the collector will be any good when is pissing down here in wales?

get a side discharge mower not rear when wet looks like a hay field. mulching mowers only good when dry crap when wet. blocks up and leaves lumps of grass all over lawn. as for makes if you can find one Yanmar cracking tool just look at the pully unit on front expencive job if it breaks. toro, scag. but last two will be a bit more than 18oo pounds. as other posts countax,westwood more your domestic market JD a lot of money be lucky to find one for that money any good Shibaura good make. kubota may be lucky with one of them. and if you can push the boat get a zero turn mower so quick will cut grass in half the time with one of them but more money. or if its big areas get a compact tractor with a finishing mower on back best of both worlds can use tractor for so many jobs but can cut grass wessex do a good tow behind finishing mower. just not much good for back lawns behind big houses turning circle not good enought.

trust that helps. if you do find any and not sure then posts details on hear before buying and get some feedback. or find a friend who knows mowers and go with them.

Stick with a well known professional brand. I run John Deere. Excellent finish, 48" cut, side discharge and strong PTO driven collector, good for leaf collection too. Also excellent dealer support for parts, never had a breakdown yet that I couldn't fix myself in the field-or on the lawn! Not cheap but you get what you pay for, you should be able to pick up a good low hours pro machine for about £4-5k.