Former Royal Marine After Advice

BusterBrownExeter

Hi All

I have just joined the group and am looking for advice particularly from those in the South West of England. I Have Recently left the Royal Marines after 13 years and am looking into a career in Tree work and Fencing. I already have my Lantra chainsaw maintenance/cross cutting and small trees and was thinking of doing NPCT quals to include climbing. I have some previous experience climbing (mostly cliff assaults but still on a rope) and having been bought up in a rural environment have some experience fencing which includes close board, post and rail and stock netting. I am currently working abroad in a different line of work but wish to end this job in the next 2 years and want to be prepared for when the time comes.

Any advice most welcome

Happy Christmas

Buster

Hi Buster,

You found a good site to get advice mate, there are a lot of experienced and helpful people on here always more than willing to help.

I'm in Gloucestershire but there seem to be loads of guys based near Exeter so tou should do ok.

All the best, cheers,

Jamie

Hi All

I have just joined the group and am looking for advice particularly from those in the South West of England. I Have Recently left the Royal Marines after 13 years and am looking into a career in Tree work and Fencing. I already have my Lantra chainsaw maintenance/cross cutting and small trees and was thinking of doing NPCT quals to include climbing. I have some previous experience climbing (mostly cliff assaults but still on a rope) and having been bought up in a rural environment have some experience fencing which includes close board, post and rail and stock netting. I am currently working abroad in a different line of work but wish to end this job in the next 2 years and want to be prepared for when the time comes.

Any advice most welcome

Happy Christmas

Buster

Hi buster

I know a few people in your area ex forces included involved in arb feel free to give me a ring 07791605132

Hi Buster! That Marsec work wont last for ever Royal!! Ha Ha. I have a former Bootneck contact for you who can give you some advice, pretty local, Weston S.M. He is struggling to make a living from Arb work alone but mixes it up with Marsec and does wood burning stove installation as well. PM me your email and i'll give you his contact details. Cheers Royal. CDO

Ey up royal, as said it maybe an idea to spread the different types of work you can do so you have all year round work. I.e

Treework

Landscaping

Log sales/chip

Fencing

Etc etc

So are you out in the sandbox contracting atm ?

Also near your time ill dig out some numbers for you

Hi mate,

I've got a company in bristol and I'm keen to help ex service guys out as much as I can. If you need any advice or was up for straying as far as bristol for some work/experience then get in touch: 07825046597

Tree Arborist and Tree Surgeon Bristol: Commercial and Residential Tree Surgery, Stump Removal,Tree Removal,Hedge Trimming in Bristol, Bath and surrounding areas

Rich