Fed up of getting wet

VEG

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been looking back at some of the early threads about the clark jacket why did the price nearly double?

Is it due to the increased demand or have they changed from the early jackets?

Did that get an answer or not ? I would love to know the reason as well.

I am looking at a jacket similar to cut and climb but half the expense.

They have updated the jacket so I presume different materials. I have gone on the recommendation of others who have bought and used them, I have sent pm's to people to ask and everyone has said the best jacket they have bought. There are other jackets around but with the great things people have said it must be good.

I got a Harkie smock that ive had well over a year now, its holding up ok but the reFlective strips are falling off. The BEST thing i own for wet weather is a STIHL wax cape a friend got me from NZ 9 years ago, it has no arms as water just runs down your sleaves anyway but it covers your shoulders, torso, neck and arse. Its hard as nails, still use it regularly!

Edited by coleman

I have probably ten types of different jackets from wax barbours and various shooting jackets and technical gortex walking/mountaineering jackets but the one i always seem to be in is an American military gortex(heavy not light). This jacket works well with just a t-shirt under it or equally as well with a full system of layers for when temperatures are sub zero. I have used this in the deserts of every arsehole arab country you can think of and in the extreme colds of Norway and Antarctica and have yet to find one better for hard wearing and versatility. Even when they start to age you can retreat them with a TX Direct in the washing machine. They can be picked up very reasonably priced in army surplus or ebay. Make sure you get the American one though as the british gortex is not great.