Unimog crane & trees - images from my phone

b101uk

Hear are some images from my phone from 11 days ago,

It’s the takedown of 2 trees & the making safe of 1 tree from the up-stream side of a bridge under repair so they can get equipment in to strengthen it after flood damage.

didn’t think to take any photos until after the 1st biggest tree was down, as I had got a new phone with a camera, lol!

Image 1: the Unimog U1500 I was operating,

the remnants of the ivy covered 1st tree are stacked for loading (left)

The chipper is on the bridge in the background ware all chippable wood was dropped/pulled/thrown out of the tree, then the trunks were felled back towards the bank individually then grabbed with the crane before the hinge was cut threw then lifted out.

Tree 2 can be seen behind the crane kingpost.

Image 2: a composite showing tree 2 (left) & tree 3 right,

Tree2 has been dismantled and chippable wood was dropped/pulled/thrown out of the tree as per tree 1,

Trunks are ready for lifting out onto the bridge.

Image 3 & 4: tree 2 all lifted out.

All the brash from tree 3 was stacked near tree 2’s stump then grabbed with the crane and lifted out then placed in front of the Unimog on the bridge orientated for chipping into the back of a 7.5t truck, lower branches that could be reached were directly lifted out.

Image 5: an inadvertent before & after of tree 3.

td005.jpg.ee035314288f1ab51f005a1d32ccebf0.jpg

td004.jpg.cc9ad2ece5c7674454999980453e87f2.jpg

td003.jpg.1bdbb71a4a189048ad2dfda146313a0a.jpg

td002.jpg.8b666252ed85321edcf7f02188d6c0db.jpg

td001.jpg.fd1f8517d55ad5219bb731bdd9078d23.jpg

Were you working with Bob then mate ? Gees that boy has some wood in his yard !

yes I have been subbing for ~4 months doing anything but pick up a saw :001_smile:, am normally not out doing "tree" jobs as I am normally in the workshop or on diggers, mog etc, am doing fencing at the moment.

yes he dose have a bit of wood! have been meaning to make something to split bigger trunks down for chipping for fuel.