Show us your fencing!!

Matthew Storrs

Tidy fencing Mikey! Particularly like the rabbit fence. I use the mixed split sweet chestnut- some are quarter split half round or full round. Most customers seem to quite like the slightly rough look (or perhaps they like the price!)compared to the machined posts. The strainers are ex telegraph poles.

Did you ever get wrag to make you a headstock so your knocker will swing round? I know you were thinking of it.

I spoke to Tim, and before he even worked out a price it sounded very expensive! so that's where the thought ended for now anyway. You cant beat telegraph poles but where do you get such a ready supply of them? Bet you think I have boys ground to fence on eh! its not all like that I can assure you!

I spoke to Tim, and before he even worked out a price it sounded very expensive! so that's where the thought ended for now anyway. You cant beat telegraph poles but where do you get such a ready supply of them? Bet you think I have boys ground to fence on eh! its not all like that I can assure you!

I asked him to make me a post driver with its own PTO pump and reservoir as my old tractor had very slow hydraulics, he made out it was going to be pricey but I was very pleased with the end result and price. I really rate the wrag machines- a friend of mine has the equivilent protech model and he's only had it a year and already the post cap has broken in half- my wrag one is twice as thick amongst other things.

Thanks for that PC Tree! I haven't really thought about the fencing comp and like Matthew I haven't anyone too do it with as also work on my own, although I have had chap helping me recently who is pretty good. I find good labour to be the hardest thing to find, that's why I bought my tracked machine which helps me a lot, another must for someone doing a lot of wire fencing is an st400 stapler, I was a bit sketchy about it initially but now wouldn't be without it. I recently did a job, just over 1000m of stock fencing, I had all the netting tensioned and barbs laid out and my brother and I pulled all the barb and stapled the lot in a day. The staples I use in it are 40mm double barbed and they are absolutely no compromise to what you buy normally.

Thanks for that PC Tree! I haven't really thought about the fencing comp and like Matthew I haven't anyone too do it with as also work on my own, although I have had chap helping me recently who is pretty good. I find good labour to be the hardest thing to find, that's why I bought my tracked machine which helps me a lot, another must for someone doing a lot of wire fencing is an st400 stapler, I was a bit sketchy about it initially but now wouldn't be without it. I recently did a job, just over 1000m of stock fencing, I had all the netting tensioned and barbs laid out and my brother and I pulled all the barb and stapled the lot in a day. The staples I use in it are 40mm double barbed and they are absolutely no compromise to what you buy normally.

With not doing any for a while I've not heard about the stapler, I'll look it up! How do you manage the transportation of the tracked machine?