Our Firewooding Equipment

liamjordan

(video 1 ) Basically, if the objective was to knock over that tree and chop it up for firewood, then SUCCESS. If the objective was fell that tree using current standards of health and safety under scrutiny of an external examiner, then im afraid; FAILED. BIG TIME.

Simple.

quite simple, i agree.

i dont want to hi-jack this thread, but lets not forget that NPTC is a BACIS leavel of competence. it is the level of skill needed to pass test, and not all the skills needed to have a career in this industry.

i still consider that i'm still learning and hope to do so for many years to come, but what i want to learn its not been taught NPTC, that does not make it wrong or unsafe.

just my ten pence worth

craig

:001_smile:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite simple, i agree.

i dont want to hi-jack this thread, but lets not forget that NPTC is a BACIS leavel of competence. it is the level of skill needed to pass test, and not all the skills needed to have a career in this industry.

i still consider that i'm still learning and hope to do so for many years to come, but what i want to learn its not been taught NPTC, that does not make it wrong or unsafe.

just my ten pence worth

craig

:001_smile:

:congrats::congrats:

I watched that first video in absolute horror !!!!!!!!

But it was very interesting reading through everybodies comments.

It looked to me that the tree went in the wrong direction, and he got away with it.

I would be very carefull when tensioning a winch as there was a fella killed not so long ago near here through over tensioning a winch and the tree barber chaired.

I do take my hat off to your grandad, my only criticism would be that i'd buy the old timer a pair of chainsaw trousers for his 72nd birthday.

I use a high crack log splitter similiar to yours, if you just ease the log to the cone with your left hand only, as it always flicks over to the right, because thats the way the thread goes, you don't get smacked knuckles.

lookedas though your tip was probably worn as you seemed to be having to push the wood quite hard onto the cone before it took hold of it.