Which arbtalkers climb on a lockjack?

will.morris

Am I right in saying that a LJ is just like a mechanical friction hitch, like the new Zig Zag thing? Sorry for my stupidity?

Mechanical friction device yep :thumbup1:

Rope runs through the body of it, red hole clips onto your bridge and your splice into the silver hole. Locks off automatically with your weight and to release you gently pull on the toggle/ball.

Check it out: ART Lockjack Sport With Swivel | climbing | art-advanced-ropeclimbing-technology | Gustharts

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to hear from some of the SJ cousins lol :thumbup1:

I run it on yale 13mm rope with a standard double ring cabium saver. Tried it with the smaller clutch on my mates smaller rope (11.5mm I think) with a fancy art cambium saver with a pulley (rope guide?) and that was very lively. With my set up its by no means slow but finding that release point is just a bit more user friendly.

I used it on 13mm XTC for years, until I tried it on Poison HiVee. SO SOmuch better in every way.

Looks good, I used to be part of a rescue station In the fire service in London and I'm used to using a device to go up and down on ropes so finding it hard to trust friction cord. Plus it binds up and does not always set it self, I know I can dick about with lengths and diameter of cord and rope, but would rather have a device that does it all. What's the defiance between a LJ and a SJ?

Could do with a long rope so may long into something smaller in diameter :001_smile:

The spider jack is the same in that it uses a clutch, but you grip the device and push your fingers down on a button to release, whilst using your thumb to control the speed by pushing a wooden brake into the rope.

I've had a LockJack for about 3 years.

I climbed with 13mm XTC for 2 years or so before the cam needed replacing. Now I use 11.5 mil Tachyon - I found that the 13mm cam works fine with the thinner line.

I use it with a Sirius MultiSAVER - ideal for me as it makes life very easy/safe chogging down poles.

I've had a LockJack for about 3 years.

I climbed with 13mm XTC for 2 years or so before the cam needed replacing. Now I use 11.5 mil Tachyon - I found that the 13mm cam works fine with the thinner line.

I use it with a Sirius MultiSAVER - ideal for me as it makes life very easy/safe chogging down poles.

Yup is was using the 13mm cam on 11mm velocity and it was very smooth.