Odd firewood complaints

Kennedy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty ruthless- if there's a pain in the arse who moans about perfectly good logs, I won't deal with them again. Its funny as f**k when the moaner phones up wanting more logs, and I tell them that I won't supply them!

I get this= they ring back more and more desperate but it doesn't take much to realise they know FA. If someone complains then it's bye bye. Not arrogantly but just to let them know you are no fool.

Not a complaint, but over here for Asplundh anything that won't go through the chipper gets cut up and left on site. At first I thought it must just sit there for ages ... very wrong ... its like gold. About a week ago we popped to the shops for some lunch, 30mins max, came back and a decent trailer load was gone. Have to be real blunt with people sometimes, people just walk onto our site and try to take it even when we're still climbing. Some people really don't understand "go away! this is a worksite!!" :001_rolleyes:

Not a complaint, but over here for Asplundh anything that won't go through the chipper gets cut up and left on site. At first I thought it must just sit there for ages ... very wrong ... its like gold. About a week ago we popped to the shops for some lunch, 30mins max, came back and a decent trailer load was gone. Have to be real blunt with people sometimes, people just walk onto our site and try to take it even when we're still climbing. Some people really don't understand "go away! this is a worksite!!" :001_rolleyes:

That can some times work to your advantage if its a pile of snotty old crap that you don't want . I find if you stack it neatly with all the whit faces facing the public it gets noticed and the next day its gone . saves a job .

What's wrong with spending the last hour logging. A good end to the day IMO. Plus you can get a nice cuppa aswell. Beats slogging guts out to get a job finished in the dark.

No, I'd agree. Good way to end the day.

Too dry and too light are 1's we've heard alot. It's not the most profitable way to spend our time, so we don't re-service 'high maintenance' customers.

The firewood fairy's are quite good to us too. Very handy when you haven't got the time, space or energy to shift the timber.

Very annoying when your on a skid site and you come back on a morning to find people helping themselves to timber you've bought, felled and got roadside!

A lad of known for years complained four year seasoned oak I supplied was "ringing wet" when it was reading sub 30% on moisture metre and my friends sister who I supply for free has come up with too dry, too small, too large and the latest - "one of your logs wouldn't burn at all last night". it was all I could do to sneer and say "Yes, its a new range - everlasting logs!"

A lad of known for years complained four year seasoned oak I supplied was "ringing wet" when it was reading sub 30% on moisture metre and my friends sister who I supply for free has come up with too dry, too small, too large and the latest - "one of your logs wouldn't burn at all last night". it was all I could do to sneer and say "Yes, its a new range - everlasting logs!"

Oak can be a right pain and takes forever to dry out. Sometimes its fine other times even when completely burnt for hrs sits there in a rock hard lump in the way. If I sold alot of oak I would tend to believe the complaints seen it in my own stove a few times. At 30% I would say you will struggle to burn it.

What's wrong with spending the last hour logging. A good end to the day IMO. Plus you can get a nice cuppa aswell. Beats slogging guts out to get a job finished in the dark.

Not wanting to come across blunt but I can not see the point in making lads work an extra hour doing logging at the end of a day best way to get low moral and no matter how hard working they would soon get pissed off with that .:001_smile: